• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fiona MacKeown should be questioned...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiona MacKeown should be questioned...

And made to go and get a flipping job.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...18/wgoa118.xml

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1790

Can someone please tell me why leaving your 15yo daughter with a 25yo male 'tour operator' that you've just met, is good parenting?

She has nine!!!! children, and somehow managed to save £7k to go 'on holiday'

OMG
    Last edited by Lucy; 17 March 2008, 23:38.

And the Indian police decided NOT to press charges for neglect. Political pressure IMO. Shocking.

She bears the guilt but prefers to blame everyone else.

Update: Diary reveals Scarlett's sex drink and drugs lifestyle

Quelle Surprise with such a great parental model :sad:
    Last edited by Platypus; 18 March 2008, 01:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      And the Indian police decided NOT to press charges for neglect. Political pressure IMO. Shocking.

She bears the guilt but prefers to blame everyone else.

Update: Diary reveals Scarlett's sex drink and drugs lifestyle

Quelle Surprise with such a great parental model :sad:
      So she killed her own daughter did she?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        So she killed her own daughter did she?
        Negligent Homicide ?

Is that a legal term?
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
          And made to go and get a flipping job.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...18/wgoa118.xml

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1790

Can someone please tell me why leaving your 15yo daughter with a 25yo male 'tour operator' that you've just met, is good parenting?

She has nine!!!! children, and somehow managed to save £7k to go 'on holiday'

OMG
          Will you please stop infringing her human right to do what she wants when she wants to do it.

IMO we should have a whip round for her...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Will you please stop infringing her human right to do what she wants when she wants to do it.

IMO we should have a whip round for her...
            Yes Let's

I'll just leave my six year old granddaughter with that fella walking down the road. it'll be Ok, he seems like a nice chap, he smiled when I asked him to keep an eye on her while I pop to the bank.
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Yes Let's

I'll just leave my six year old granddaughter with that fella walking down the road. it'll be Ok, he seems like a nice chap, he smiled when I asked him to keep an eye on her while I pop to the bank.
              I see nothing wrong with entrusting your children to a complete stranger when there's some advantage to doing so. You (they) might be unlucky, but the odds must be thousands to one against.

What you have to watch out for is not the stranger you choose, but the one that chooses you. (A similar principal in personal finance means you should never invest in anything that seeks you out. That includes anything you were attracted to by an advertisement.)

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
                I see nothing wrong with entrusting your children to a complete stranger when there's some advantage to doing so. You (they) might be unlucky, but the odds must be thousands to one against.

What you have to watch out for is not the stranger you choose, but the one that chooses you. (A similar principal in personal finance means you should never invest in anything that seeks you out. That includes anything you were attracted to by an advertisement.)
                I wouldn't like to have been one of your kids. So you would hand your kid over to any stanger because statistically speaking they will not be a nutter. I'd also suggest the stanger who agrees to look after your kid is probably more likely to be a nutter - normal people generally do not do this type of thing and refuse to look after your sprog.

As for DA's comment. I'd say that she should take a portion of the blame for her daughters death. OK she may not have been the one who actually killed her, but like in the whole Maddie thing, she didn't exactly take reasonable care of her.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post

so you have no children then. interesting if you feel the same when you have kids.

no way would I leave mine with anyone. or on their own while I go out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                    She has nine!!!! children, and somehow managed to save £7k to go 'on holiday' OMG
                    She lived in two caravans, apparently. So half the children techincally aren't in the same building as her. It beggar's belief....
                    Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Working...
                    X