• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UBS to sell IB arm?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UBS to sell IB arm?

This could be interesting. Who would want to buy it?

Or is this just the gossip machine going into overdrive?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

IIRC a split between the IB & wealth management has been on the cards for a while.

Sas, don't you work there?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      IIRC a split between the IB & wealth management has been on the cards for a while.

Sas, don't you work there?
      I **thought** SG was docklands? CS are docklands, UBS are Liverpool Street.

Comment

Where do you have to go to get a decent coffee then?!?
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

My mistake.

I know where UBS are, <litlle bit racist>you can smell the cheese and cuckoos from down the road. </little bit racist>
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Interesting BP, has been mooted in the past. Where are you hearing that?

I think if a hedge fund or two go down that is precisely what'll happen.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Radio gaga

Loads of utter bolox spouted by people that don't even know where these banks are based, let alone what they do.
              Every day someone starts a thread about this bank or the other one, yesterday it was Lehman Bros, now it's UBS turn. For your benefit, all they are doing is splitting Wealth management which is still profitable due to the present high level of risk and uncertainty from investment banking which is currently volatile and less profitable. Simple. Geddit?

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
                Loads of utter bolox Geddit?
                Is this the same kind of bollox as your Liverpool related posts yesterday? Or is it dfferent this time?

Comment

Parcelforce? DHL?
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

One of my fans

I know you always read and follow my posts with great interest OS. I must admit however that my football knowledge (especially when it comes to teams outside London) is not as great as my business knowledge. Unlike some here, I'll be the first one to admit if I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X