• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobserve

ooops,

number of contracts on jobserve seems to be falling rapidly, even for us .Neters

time to entrench

Milan.

Don't worry there are plenty of Indians on UK sponsored visas to fill the last few remaining jobs.

HTH

Comment

Well - if you find yourself out of work then take heart from the man who saved the US economy from the dot.com bubble by creating the housing bubble and ultimately the current credit crunch - Mr A GreenSpam

Alan Greenspan, former chairman, US federal reserve - I liked the phrase 'A Disturbing Reality will be laid bare ... ' this contrasts with the empty political comments of 'Whatever it takes .."

"Particularly hard hit will be much of today's financial risk-valuation system. It will eventually fail and a disturbing reality will be laid bare ... It is important, indeed crucial, that any reforms in ... the structure of markets and regulation do not inhibit our ... safeguards against cumulative economic failure: market flexibility and open competition."
      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 18 March 2008, 10:05.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        number of contracts on jobserve seems to be falling rapidly, even for us .Neters
        I judge it on number of phone calls and it's still the highest for a few years. Constant calls yesterday while trying to do DIY !

If things do go pear shaped then I think the change in rates wil be very quick, I was amazed how quickly they fell in 2002 ( or was it 2003 !? ). I got asked to take a 30odd percent cut in situ, told them to bog off and within a week or so I was handing over to someone on 40% less. More agents, more contractors and more and quicker undercutting of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
          I judge it on number of phone calls and it's still the highest for a few years. Constant calls yesterday while trying to do DIY !

If things do go pear shaped then I think the change in rates wil be very quick, I was amazed how quickly they fell in 2002 ( or was it 2003 !? ). I got asked to take a 30odd percent cut in situ, told them to bog off and within a week or so I was handing over to someone on 40% less. More agents, more contractors and more and quicker undercutting of each other.
          Yes - its the classic adage - when in recession - discount and discount heavily.

And - Oil doyer gig forra fiver .

Comment

remembering back to 2002, the key was to stay in the game

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              remembering back to 2002, the key was to stay in the game

Milan.
              No - dont accept low rates - just time out till the market comes back. Thats a real player.

Comment

I'll work for buttons rates if it's near to home. Otherwise I'll be resting and doing up a couple of houses, one of which I just failed to sell before this credit crunch hit, now not a buyer in sight.

Comment

Well I got offered a contract last night going on until 2012 at a very high level international organisation based in Schweiz last night. Not too sure what to do as this one goes on until Feb. next year. they said I could just do 2-3 days a week so maybe I'll talk to the guys here and try to get the same deal for the rest. Boy, us mainframers are in demand...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Well I got offered a contract last night going on until 2012 at a very high level international organisation based in Schweiz last night. Not too sure what to do as this one goes on until Feb. next year. they said I could just do 2-3 days a week so maybe I'll talk to the guys here and try to get the same deal for the rest. Boy, us mainframers are in demand...

What are you smoking these day ? Send some this way pronto !
                    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 18 March 2008, 10:55.

Comment

Working...
                    X