• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please parse and then give opinions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please parse and then give opinions

Received an email from a pimp. I don't think they're English, so one just forgives the torture of the language, but this part made me go tilt. Is it not illegal? Then I thought: what does it actually say?

Current (DV Level) Security Clearance is essential and as such applicants with such clearance will be given priority as will those with immediate availability.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

It looks like a high security immediate start gig. they won't allow access without sc and will not wait for sc to be given.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

IIRC they are allowed to do it if the job will take less time to complete than it would to get you SC'd. I think the limit is about 8 weeks at the moment.

Of course there is nothing to stop them finding that there have been some "overruns" as the time limit approaches and they need you for longer after all and the pimp may well says it an Initial 6-8 week contract up front and then extend you afterwards.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

For certain government clients this is acceptable.
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          IIRC they are allowed to do it if the job will take less time to complete than it would to get you SC'd. I think the limit is about 8 weeks at the moment.

Of course there is nothing to stop them finding that there have been some "overruns" as the time limit approaches and they need you for longer after all and the pimp may well says it an Initial 6-8 week contract up front and then extend you afterwards.
          DV will take longer than 8 weeks.

MUCH longer.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Try 3-6 months!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
              Try 3-6 months!!!!
              And the rest - took me 4 months to get SC last year.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                Current (DV Level) Security Clearance is essential and as such applicants with such clearance will be given priority as will those with immediate availability.
                Translation:

Current (DV Level) Security Clearance is essential. Therefore applicants with such clearance will be given priority, as will those with immediate availability.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

The difference with DV is it is supposed to be role specific and lapse the moment you leave the DV role so by asking for DV cleared people they are effectively poaching from other DV roles which is frowned upon by the DVA.

In reality it stays valid for 6 months which makes a mockery of the role specific bit… clear as mud?
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                  X