• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TESCOS....A threat to consumer safety ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TESCOS....A threat to consumer safety ?

I bought a carton of orange juice in Tescos today, took it home and unscrewed the top to find that there was no white plastic ring pull safety top. It immediately crossed my mind that this drink had been tampered with so I immediately took it back to the shop.

The lady at Customer services told me that they do not have these safety tops on their fruit juices. I told her that in this case I will never buy their fruit juices. I asked why they did not now have these tops and she just made out that this was current policy.

Has anybody else come across this situation and drunk the contents without any concern? This is a real worry to me as anybody could drop any sort of pill or poison into a carton in Tescos. All cartons and bottles have always had some sort of safety mechanism as far as I am aware.

I was once mugged by somebody dropping a drug into my drink in a bar and knocking me out for about 3 hours, so I have first hand experience of what can happen.

Am I paranoid, or does anybody else share my concerns?

Tesco

HTH
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post

I was once mugged by somebody dropping a drug into my drink in a bar and knocking me out for about 3 hours, so I have first hand experience of what can happen.
      Did they take a kidney or just bum you?

Churchill
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

They still have those little plastic rings underneath to show whether it has been tampered with, do they not?

Not the pull out jobbie you're talking about but the just the hoop type thing.. like you get on a bottle of cola.
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

and she just made out that this was current policy.

Yes. Dont drink the currant juice - stick to Orange

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
            They still have those little plastic rings underneath to show whether it has been tampered with, do they not?

No !!!! That is my point.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post

Not the pull out jobbie you're talking about but the just the hoop type thing.. like you get on a bottle of cola.
              you certainly have to break the seal on the cap
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Am I paranoid, or does anybody else share my concerns?

I think you may have it a little out of proportion, but to be fair, I've never been drugged in the way you were.

I don't shop at Tesco for a variety of other reasons; this isn't encouraging me to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  you certainly have to break the seal on the cap

No !!!! Again, this is what worried me. I unscewed the top and the orange juice was clearly visible.

Comment

No !!!! Again, this is what worried me. I unscewed the top and the orange juice was clearly visible.
                    OOPs..... 'unscrewed' ...... before the spelling freaks arrive!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X