• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Junk Mail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junk Mail

Not even sure if this is the right place to start, but it might be. As an individual I've signed up the the TPS and MPS to stop unwanted cold calls and mailings. However with the creation of my Ltd Co, I've started getting junk in the post addressed to it. (Specifically from a company that have a presence here) It's not a massive bother, but I'd prefer not to receive this kind of stuff.

Anyone know if there is an MPS equivalent for business? Or am I going to have to return all mail back to sender?

TIA
    NN
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"

Send 'em a letter on company headed notepaper telling them that every time you have to process their unwanted mail you will bill them for administrative costs per item*, plus VAT at the prevailing rate.

* if 25 quid doesn't do the trick, up it until they stop.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post

Anyone know if there is an MPS equivalent for business? Or am I going to have to return all mail back to sender?

TIA
      NN
      As a company there is nothing to save you. Unfortunately.

It does die down when companies realise their mail shots aren't working.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I'm still getting junk mail for a company I shut down 4 years ago...
        What did you do - invade the plantet "Federation Inc" and systematically devour the human population?
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

It does not help on the business side of things. There are many companies that make millions off selling business data/contact names/email etc etc and they are pretty poorly regulated in my experience.

Comment

Working...
          X