• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vodafone...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vodafone...

...letting 450 staff go from Newbury today.

I think the article is on The Register...

Lot of pissed off permies...
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

and recruiting 490 lower paid staff.

Boomed!

Comment

I am surprised that they have that many "staff" left a Newbury after the various outsourcings.
      "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
      "See?"

Comment

"A British job for every British worker"

Failing that, a work permit for every Indian national.

Comment

Worst place I have ever had the misfortune of doing a project in. Awful atmosphere.

90% of the IT workers I met there were either contractors or obviously from India. The one permie I met talked about typical IT salaries being 25k! In the background you could hear contractors talking about which private school they were sending the kids too.

There can't be too many permanent staff to get rid off and they will probably be better off.

Comment

The rates weren't all that when I interviewed there last year. Plus they were so dull I could have shot them...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
              ...letting 450 staff go from Newbury today.

I think the article is on The Register...

Lot of pissed off permies...
              misread that at first, I thought it said "letting 450 staff go to Newbury today"
              - I was confused as there is no racing today!

Comment

Working...
              X