• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lucky Heather

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky Heather

I went racing at the Curragh and was surprised to see it was still being forced on people outside, gamblers don’t like pass up on any additional luck or risk a romany curse so those gypo’s were making an absolute fortune.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Plan B?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I thought this was a post about that woman getting £24m
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Careful. Basil Brush is under investigation for anti-Romany racism.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/n...re/7300167.stm

An episode of TV programme The Basil Brush Show is being investigated after police received a complaint of racism.
        A member of the public reported a scene which showed a Gypsy woman trying to sell Basil Brush heather and pegs
        "The complaint was logged as an incident of a racist nature and our Hate Crimes Unit is investigating," a Northamptonshire Police spokesman said.
        Presumably the police have got F**k all better to do?
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Mills and Boon

Comment

Don't mess with the travellers....

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscart...es/amin45l.jpg

We used to have a camp of them near us, and the older women would come in to the village during the week, to sell pegs and heather and stuff.

I remember one week, 3 pensioners in their 90's all died, and rumour got round it was because they didn't buy any lucky heather when the traveller ladies knocked on their doors.

Also, a cow on one of the farms had a calf with 2 heads and 8 legs, and all the milk in the dairy went sour overnight.

Folk round here are a bit superstitious.

I personally think it's a load of old tw

a

d

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Round where I live they just try and take over the local pubs. Any resistance usually causes the pub to be trashed.

There was an article on the news last night about Basil Brush and his "racist" quip about the theiving pikeys(My words, not his).

Someone interviewed suggested that we should be celebrating the good things that the travelling community bring to society.

Obviously this resulted in a mouthful of Shepherds Pie all over the TV screen and the shouted comment of "!!!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Round where I live they just try and take over the local pubs. Any resistance usually causes the pub to be trashed.

There was an article on the news last night about Basil Brush and his "racist" quip about the theiving pikeys(My words, not his).

Someone interviewed suggested that we should be celebrating the good things that the travelling community bring to society.

Obviously this resulted in a mouthful of Shepherds Pie all over the TV screen and the shouted comment of "!!!!!!"
                We aren't all thieving ignoramuses. I've never robbed anybody in my life, Never fly tipped and always paid my taxes.

>Diver in Honest Pikey mode<

Ps> Want yer drive tarmacked guvner
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  We aren't all thieving ignoramuses. I've never robbed anybody in my life, Never fly tipped and always paid my taxes.

>Diver in Honest Pikey mode<

What percentage would you say are?

Are you a Didicoi or a Roma?

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    TaaaarrrrMaaaaarrked
                    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Working...
                    X