• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

city types !?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

city types !?

Where's our city insiders !? There are rumours of something big happening at the BoE involving a rather large well known bank that is in deep tulip.

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Where's our city insiders !? There are rumours of something big happening at the BoE involving a rather large well known bank that is in deep tulip.
    Northern Rock.

HTH
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

There's always rumours.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

The rumors were about HBOS, it shares plunged but have recovered a bit now. They denied any liquidity problems, but didn't mention if they might have some solvency problems

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Bugger.

Just a mo while I dash down to get my money out.
          Just scared one of my fellow contractors a little, he's got his large Ltd Co wad with them

Starting to review my accounts, better get that bunker finished this weekend

Comment

I was at HBOS treasury for 6 months - I just asked my mate there who said all is fine.

I expect many more threads like this.

Of course make enough predictions and some well come try - but don't tell Nicky G that...

Comment

BP - why don't you wander over and knock on the door of BoE and ask them whats going on?
              Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                BP - why don't you wander over and knock on the door of BoE and ask them whats going on?
                <back in 5 minutes>

Comment

The rumors were about HBOS
                  They have canned a couple of big IT projects in the last few days, but that's probably rife accross the FS industry ATM.

Give it 6 months, Mad Max scenario, I have a motorcycle and a shotgun and lots of fuel. Time to start buying tinned beans in bulk.

Where's NickyG when you need him ?
                  Kneel before Bod

Comment

Attention anyone with money in the bank

You might want to look at this and then pop down the highstreet at lunchtime.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...ukbanks118.xml

Comment

Working...
                    X