• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cookies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookies

As an experiment, I've started blocking all cookies, then accepting ad hoc from sites that I need to work with. I wish I could say sites that I trust, but those are few.

Anyway, some have slipped through, among them one whose site I visited to see what they do. One thing they do is write amazing Buffalo Bagels:

As a result, the TouchClarity Targeting solution has been rebranded Omniture TouchClarity and integrates seamlessly with Omniture SiteCatalyst through Omniture Genesis, allowing enterprise organizations the ability to instantly achieve significant increases in conversion rates, revenue and profitability by automating the optimization process of providing each individual visitor to the Web site a more relevant and satisfying online customer experience.
    "providing each individual visitor to the Web site a more relevant and satisfying online customer experience." means targeting ads, right? Like, advertising is a big part of why you're browsing the web, hmm?

It goes on,

By leveraging the rich online customer behavior data that Omniture SiteCatalyst captures and analyzes, Omniture TouchClarity fully automates the decision making of targeting the right content to the right customer at the right time. The end results are greater relevance for your customers and greater revenue for your business.
    I am not here to be one of your customers.
    Last edited by expat; 19 March 2008, 11:18.

Where's the "Chocolate chip" option ?
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

I resisted the urge to say something like "I thought this was another favorite biscuits thread!" but since Chantho has already brought it down to that level, I can now post without remorse...

I thought this was another favorite biscuits thread!

It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post

You mean it's not another poll, I must try to pay more attention
        If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          I am not here to be one of your customers.
          Here being the CUK message board?

There are a great deal of web surfers who are actually in some stage of the buying process, I think the businesses this company are targeting would themselves be targeting the 'quality traffic'

I rely on cookies to track which of my visitors take the actions I want (opt in to a mailing list or buy something) them to and which ones don't.

I rely on biscuits to stay happy.

HTH
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
            I thought it was about bicsuits too
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
              Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
              I resisted the urge to say something like "I thought this was another favorite biscuits thread!" but since Chantho has already brought it down to that level, I can now post without remorse...

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              I thought it was about bicsuits too
              Am I to take it that another biscuit day is needed?
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
              X