• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More vista woes...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More vista woes...

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/ne...-stories.phtml

Never install service packs when drunk!
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      Never install service packs when drunk!
      Also don't try to trim your hedge with a chainsaw either...

Comment

Yeah and stay away from internet message boards as well
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Vista SP1 turned my dog into a coat!

Comment

I wonder how much of it is actually Vista related...

Others claim that the SP1 has adversely affected system performance, something it was supposed to fix: "Isn't a Service Pack suppose to fix issues? [I] went from using 650MB of RAM idle to 1GB ... I'll be be switching back".
            Hmm

Originally posted by Microsoft
            The Windows Vista SP1 install process clears the user-specific data that is used by Windows to optimize performance, which may make the system feel less responsive immediately after install. As the customer uses their SP1 PC, the system will be retrained over the course of a few hours or days and will return to the previous level of responsiveness.
            Think they read the release notes?

Comment

Get a Mac...

(but only if you're posh and want to do some work...)
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Get a Mac...

(but only if you're posh and want to do some work...)
                Get a zSeries, but only if you've got hair on your balls
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                X