• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Current leader among Business Bank Accounts ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current leader among Business Bank Accounts ?

Abbey seem to have dropped to the market average of 3.5 % gross AER for up to 10 K on account and 4 % Gross AER for up to 99 K on account.

Abbey used to be 4.75 AER but .... Seems like these banks introduce HOT account offers , but then gradually reduce the rate and go down to BAU !

http://www.anbusiness.com/services/c...interest.shtml

Anyone aware of some better offer ?

If only Audi made banks
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I'm happy to stick with Cater Allen.

Too much hassle to keep changing business bank accounts, means I have to change my invoice templates, amend the account various funds are paid into and various bills are taken out of. Communicate change of detaisl to all my customers, etc.

Comment

I'm very pleased with Cater Allen, been with them for 7 years and never had 1 problem. The call centre is fantastic, staffed by educated friendly and articulate people which in itself is rare. If you don't like talking to people the internet banking is up and running now. All these other 'better' deals you see are so laced with caveats it means several months down the line you could be on a pretty bad deal. CA is consistently up there. Plus they are now owned by Santander, so are unlikely to be as exposed to bad debt as some of the traditional names.
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 March 2008, 16:49.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
          Communicate change of detaisl to all my customers, etc.
          Surely it's not illegal to have multiple bank accounts? You can open new one and move cash there for presumably better interest, and issue new bank details on all new invoices while keeping old one - this orderly transition process can last some months or maybe even a year, but it will all done smoothly and you will also spread the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Surely it's not illegal to have multiple bank accounts? You can open new one and move cash there for presumably better interest, and issue new bank details on all new invoices while keeping old one - this orderly transition process can last some months or maybe even a year, but it will all done smoothly and you will also spread the risk.
            I'm not saying it's not possible just too much hassle to keep switching.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              I'm very pleased with Cater Allen, been with them for 7 years and never had 1 problem. The call centre is fantastic, staffed by educated friendly and articulate people which in itself is rare. If you don't like talking to people the internet banking is up and running now. All these other 'better' deals you see are so laced with caveats it means several months down the line you could be on a pretty bad deal. CA is consistently up there. Plus they are now owned by Santander, so are unlikely to be as exposed to bad debt as some of the traditional names.
              Wot he said.

Comment

... Cater Allen....
                I've been with them 7 months now. On my second incoming payment (close to £19k) they lost the money in a suspense account for nearly 40 days.

It took me 5-6 phone calls to finally get to somebody that understood the banking payments system and could track the payment into their account (not mine).

In their defence, when it was all sorted they gave me the interest I would have earned on the money in the time + 25% as compensation.

Overall, the service they've given since has made up my mind not to leave them.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
                  Abbey seem to have dropped to the market average of 3.5 % gross AER for up to 10 K on account and 4 % Gross AER for up to 99 K on account.

Abbey used to be 4.75 AER but .... Seems like these banks introduce HOT account offers , but then gradually reduce the rate and go down to BAU !

http://www.anbusiness.com/services/c...interest.shtml

Anyone aware of some better offer ?
                  Northern Biscuit - apparently the girls behind the counter are quite fit..
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Same experience over the last 4 years as baggy.

Comment

Working...
                    X