• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A truly wonderful sentence.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A truly wonderful sentence.

This must be the epitome of technical writing:

"Agilent Technologies has introduced a highlinearity, low LO (local oscillator) power
    EpHEMT (enhancement mode pseudomorphic high electron mobility transistor) MMIC (microwave monolithic integrated circuit) active mixer designed to meet the critical performance requirements of BTS (base transceiver station) 3G base station receiver cards and other point-to-point and point-to-multipoint microwave radio link applications."

Originally posted by zeitghost
    This must be the epitome of technical writing
    Actually it's the kind of crap you get when you don't use a proper technical writer. Today for example, I've had to pick the bones out of this:

"Basic inventory update minimum requirement for Notification servers as servers numbers are less request intervals can be less stringent."

That piece of wisdom was written by a very expensive consultant.
    Last edited by wendigo100; 15 July 2005, 13:34.

Comment

Myself, never seen much use for anything more than a BC108 and 2N3055. Recon anything fancier than them is just showing off.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
      X