• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extension........!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extension........!

I was offered a six month extension or a 6% increase and three months....

I took the increase and the three months.....

I'm happy! - I Know they'll be another in three months!

T

Well done

Boomed!!!
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I will be asking 10 % increase next month. I am getting 30 percent less than what my agents get. But there are two agents in the chain. I knew they are ripping me off , since they actually offered me 15 pounds more per day , than what I had agreed to.

Comment

Got offered my extension via MSN, a first for me

Anyone else been offered an contract in an unusual way - pigeon/morse code/RSS?

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
          I was offered a six month extension or a 6% increase and three months....

I took the increase and the three months.....

I'm happy! - I Know they'll be another in three months!

Good move. I don't mind 3 month extensions as it gives me the opportunity to get a rate increase at each renewal, and even if they gave me a 12 monther at the start, there's no guarantee it would actually last that long.

The contract is only as good as the notice period.

Saw one on jobserve today saying it was a 12 year contract! I think they made a typo, otherwise I expect Mr IR35 is watching with keen eyes.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Saw one on jobserve today saying it was a 12 year contract! I think they made a typo, otherwise I expect Mr IR35 is watching with keen eyes.

That's longer than some permie careers last. Though my second job out of school lasted for 13 years.
            It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
              That's longer than some permie careers last. Though my second job out of school lasted for 13 years.

My one and (so far) only permie job lasted for 7 years. I was thoroughly bored with the place by then, nothing was a challenge anymore, apart from dragging my arse out of bed to go to work each morning.

I wonder what the average period someone stays in an IT permie job is? I bet it's not much different to my average contract length of almost 2 years. So who are the temp workers now!?
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                Thats some dedication. I gave up on my paper round after a fortnight
                Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  My one and (so far) only permie job lasted for 7 years. I was thoroughly bored with the place by then, nothing was a challenge anymore, apart from dragging my arse out of bed to go to work each morning.

I wonder what the average period someone stays in an IT permie job is? I bet it's not much different to my average contract length of almost 2 years. So who are the temp workers now!?
                  My last permie job was 9 years, but that was at a reseller so always doing something different. I wasn't ever bored, only worked into the ground.

I should have left 4 or 5 years sooner, I'd be in a much stronger position now if I had. It's not too late to catch up though.
                  Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X