• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well Duh!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Duh!!!

Shock Horror!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7308909.stm
    Still Invoicing

So how are parents supposed to prevent this without getting social services on their back?

Smacking is banned or heavily frowned upon these days isn't it?

The word "no" is hardly scary unless it can be backed up with effective discipline. Is the naughty step the best on offer?

Interested as I have friends and cousins who seem to have kids falling into this 'uncontrollable' bracket, and one day they may trust me to babysit for them!
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Not sure smacking is needed. Did not use to hit mine but was perfectly able to terrify them into submission on occasions.

PS They are both in Pentonville
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

For the record - I think smacking is necessary. Nothing excessive - just enough for them to know they've crossed the line. My friends agree - but insist I get my own kids to smack instead of theirs.

Comment

I blame the lack of father influence in childrens' lives.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I blame the lack of father influence in childrens' lives.
            On a serious note - agreed. This single parenting can't be good for the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
              On a serious note - agreed. This single parenting can't be good for the kids.
              Of course I was bought up in a single parent home - and look how I turned out...

My father died when I was 6...

Comment

Nice quote from the assoc of PTA's"

"We are putting into reception classes, in many cases, children who are four years and two weeks old. These are, in many parents' eyes, very little children - almost babies.

"Many of them, unfortunately, have been in nursery school since they were very tiny, because the government has pressurised many parents into putting their children into childcare, probably at three months old, and have congratulated themselves that they have got parents back to work.
                NL need shooting - starting at the top...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                  NL need shooting - starting at the top...
                  Isn't it now illegal to make statements like that?
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    For the record - I think smacking is necessary. Nothing excessive - just enough for them to know they've crossed the line. My friends agree - but insist I get my own kids to smack instead of theirs.
                    That's quite correct. Teach them that violence does solve problems!

Get the first one in, before they're big enough to hit back!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X