• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bizzare death of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bizzare death of the day

http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?...mentid=7859746

US: Stingray kills Michigan woman sunbathing on boat in Florida Keys
    Officials say a woman died in the Florida Keys after a stingray jumped out of the water and struck her upper body.
    The 55-year-old woman was in a boat Thursday when the spotted eagle ray hit her on the face or neck, officials said.
    It was not clear whether the animal's barb struck the Michigan woman, or if the impact killed her.
    Spotted eagle rays can grow up to 17 feet (5.2 meters) in length and weigh up to 500 pounds (227 kilograms).
    They are known to occasionally jump out of the water, but are not aggressive.

Looks like there's a bit of an uprising going on. First that bloke who teases crocs with his kids, now sunbathers.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

This is also a bit odd, but may appeal to Terminator fans looking for an alternative form of euthanasia:

Man shot dead by 'suicide robot'

An elderly Australian man killed himself with a home-made suicide machine he assembled with plans downloaded from the Internet.

Pete Tovey, 81, rigged up the machine using a handgun and an electric jig saw, the Gold Coast Bulletin newspaper in Queensland state reported.

It said Tovey set up the device in his driveway last Tuesday and used it to remotely shoot himself at least three times in the head.

A police spokeswoman confirmed the death but would not comment on the circumstances, except to say a report was being prepared for the coroner.

Notes found in the house indicated Tovey was so distressed by demands from relatives that he move out of the house and into aged care, the newspaper reported.

It said the notes revealed Tovey set the apparatus up in his driveway because he knew tradesmen working on a neighbour's house would immediately find his body.

Carpenter Daniel Skewes was one of the first at the scene.

"I thought I heard three shots and when we ran next door he was lying on the driveway with gunshot wounds to the head," Skewes told the Bulletin.

He said Tovey had a .22 semi-automatic pistol set up in a box next to his body, adding "the whole thing looked very strange".

Euthanasia campaigner Philip Nitschke described the suicide as very unusual.

"It is a rather violent and ultimately messy way to ends one's life and there are more peaceful strategies," Nitschke told the newspaper.

"I would have thought most people would take the more peaceful options."

Nitschke said he had not been aware of the suicide machine plans on the Internet.

"I'm not surprised they exist, but I am that anyone would find them appealing," he said.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

It gets worse

Authorities in Texas believe a two-year-old boy may have been accidentally crushed to death by a morbidly obese relative.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...310307,00.html
      www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Working...
      X