• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Mother denies negligence.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mother denies negligence.

British teenager Scarlett Keeling was 15 when she died in Goa in February.

She had been staying with her 25 year old Goan boyfriend.

Her body showed evidence of recent sexual intercourse, alcohol and drugs at the time of her death.

She was 15 FFS!!

I don't know what point I'm trying to make here, other than apart from the overall sadness of the case, and the waste of a young life, seemingly lead astray by those whom she should've been able to trust to safeguard her.
    The vegetarian option.

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    British teenager Scarlett Keeling was 15 when she died in Goa in February.

She had been staying with her 25 year old Goan boyfriend.

Her body showed evidence of recent sexual intercourse, alcohol and drugs at the time of her death.

She was 15 FFS!!

I don't know what point I'm trying to make here, other than apart from the overall sadness of the case, and the waste of a young life, seemingly lead astray by those whom she should've been able to trust to safeguard her.
    I don't think children of 15 should be watched every second. But they need some parental assisistance.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I don't think children of 15 should be watched every second. But they need some parental assisistance.
      Absolutely, and as a parent, 'letting go' is a very difficult thing to do. But this girl seems to have just been left to the mercy of others while her Mother swanned off to another part of India.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Any good parent should feel being responsible in this case - even if they are not the sense of guilt should be present. This woman is clearly responsible for leaving her daughter on her own, yet she denied feeling being responsible at all blaming the killers.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Any good parent should feel being responsible in this case - even if they are not the sense of guilt should be present. This woman is clearly responsible for leaving her daughter on her own, yet she denied feeling being responsible at all blaming the killers.
          hear hear - of course at 15 she should have been allowed to, say, go to a disco with friends for a few hours. but to be left for several days, even with other adults, is just not on.

Not sure why she wanted kids.

And where was the father?

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
            Absolutely, and as a parent, 'letting go' is a very difficult thing to do. But this girl seems to have just been left to the mercy of others while her Mother swanned off to another part of India.
            Clearly this mother thinks that a child of 15 is an adult.

Anyone who has been around teenagers knows they are not and that is why there are laws in place to protect the child.

Also if you are going to leave your teenager with other adults make sure the adult is either an older sibling over 18 who they have respect for, or a family relation that has know the child for years.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Also if you are going to leave your teenager with other adults make sure the adult is either an older sibling over 18 who they have respect for, or a family relation that has know the child for years.

known

We are even now...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

known

We are even now...
                15-15?

Comment

Cracks me up how on earth the mother could swan off for six months while claiming benifits.
                  www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
                    Cracks me up how on earth the mother could swan off for six months while claiming benifits.
                    Now now, don't get your knickers in a twister

Comment

Working...
                    X