• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Closing down a recently created Ltd Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing down a recently created Ltd Company

Hi,

I've been contracting through umbrella for about 4 years, and finally made the decision to jump to Ltd Company at the end of my current contract. I've registered the company, but due to a complete change in circumstances i'm not going to be taking any new contracts and going to be taking a permie job nearer home.

Is there an easy way to close a Limited Company that has never traded?

Originally posted by kaillum View Post
    Hi,

I've been contracting through umbrella for about 4 years, and finally made the decision to jump to Ltd Company at the end of my current contract. I've registered the company, but due to a complete change in circumstances i'm not going to be taking any new contracts and going to be taking a permie job nearer home.

Is there an easy way to close a Limited Company that has never traded?
    Speak to Companies House mate, they will give you the information you need.

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Or do nothing and return all mail. After a year or so you'll be struck off. Job done.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Complete form 652a and submit it to Companies House with a chq for £10 and they will strike the company off. Also, write to the HMRC advising them that the company never traded and they will not object to the striking off.

You can get a PDF of the form from the CH website.

Comment

cheers guys..

will fill in the 652a and pays me money.

Comment

Working...
          X