• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jaguar and Land Rover saying Tata

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaguar and Land Rover saying Tata

Just heard on the Beeb news, but it's not yet on their web site.

Tata of India are buying Jag and Land Rover.

Discuss.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

yes Yes YES!

Oh about flipping time.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I'd better buy a new Range Rover before those bastards get hold of the company then.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        Just heard on the Beeb news, but it's not yet on their web site.

Tata of India are buying Jag and Land Rover.

Discuss.
        You can wave Tata to quality then.

Comment

I think you two are being perfectly horid. I reckon Tata will sort them out, and about time too!
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            I think you two are being perfectly horid. I reckon Tata will sort them out, and about time too!
            Define "sort them out".

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              I'd better buy a new Range Rover before those bastards get hold of the company then.
              I can't quite stretch to a 'proper' Ranger Rover, but I've been sniffing around a Range Rover Sport for some time. I like the Supercharged 4.2 V8 for the grunt. Not bothered about mpg.

I have to say though that this news about Tata (??) has put me off a bit...
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Define "sort them out".
                Probably the same way that ruskie sorted out TVR.

Saw the last episode of the current series of Fifth Gear the other night where one of them went to the Geneva motorshow and commented on that new Tata cheapo car. He was told off for pressing the body panels incase he damaged them, they were that thin. He summed it up by saying "if you remove the A from the end of Tata, this is what you get".

I suspect a similar level of enthusiasm will be gifted to Jaguar/Land Rover by Tata as Proton have done to Lotus. No really new Lotus models for over 10 years now (just slight evolutions of the Elise), and every time I look, the new Esprit has slipped back another year. Looks like they bought it for brand ownership than anything else.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                  I can't quite stretch to a 'proper' Ranger Rover, but I've been sniffing around a Range Rover Sport for some time. I like the Supercharged 4.2 V8 for the grunt. Not bothered about mpg.

I have to say though that this news about Tata (??) has put me off a bit...
                  I'd go for the V8 Diesel just for the torque.

The "Sport" is a little on the small side for me. They're not that cheap either. Check out "Saxton 4x4".
                  Last edited by Churchill; 26 March 2008, 09:20.

Comment

I'd go for the V8 Diesel just for the torque.

The "Sport" is a little on the small side for me.
                    Good call. I understand that engine is a considerably improvement on the V6 diesel.
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X