• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teachers today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teachers today

Nice to see the teaching fraternity aren't too liberal then:

NUT vote to oppose military recruitment campaigns in schools based on government “propaganda”.
    More here

At the same time:

STATE schools should be forced to open their doors to Islamic preachers teaching the Koran, the largest classroom union demanded yesterday.
    More here.

Got to keep your eye on what they teach your kids if this is the sort of cr*p they come out with...

Older and ...well, just older!!

I expect brownstuff will sort them out now they're demanding a 10% pay rise.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I have to say, the NUT don't do themselves any favours allowing the loony left a platform.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Teachers Union! the whole bunch of Tossers should be taken out and garrotted.
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Teachers' unions existed originally for the benefit of teachers - not for the benefit of education or children. Hence their defence of bad teachers.

The NUT now exists solely for the benefit of the NUT, in accordance with Pournelle's law. Hence their defence of the NUT executive.

Any teacher who is a member of the NUT is either

a) clinically thick
          b) doesn't care about kids or education
          or
          c) wants to have a nice career in the NUT.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

STATE schools should be forced to open their doors to Islamic preachers teaching the Koran, the largest classroom union demanded yesterday.

Although this is actually what was said.

"There would be real benefits to all our communities and to youngsters if we can find a space for parents who are Roman Catholic, parents who are Church of England, parents who are Jewish, parents who are Muslim for them to have space for some religious instruction.

In that way we could keep cohesion within communities.

What I am saying is not easy with the curriculum demands of all schools. We could have imams coming in or local rabbis or local priests.

In some circumstances we might meet it by some after-school provision."

Comment

The army recruitment point is quite valid, the forces deny they are attempting to recruit canon fodder on their school 'educational' visits. But by pure chance the schools they visit are tulip and in poor areas with lots of potential canon fodder material.

The Islamic preacher bit was part of a wider issue on faith schools and secular education. They were attempting to get round the loss of religious education in secular schools by saying all religions could visit schools and say their bit. The strangehold that religions have on primary schools is a disgrace but it is just about the only power over people they have left so we won't be getting secular education any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Teachers' unions existed originally for the benefit of teachers - not for the benefit of education or children. Hence their defence of bad teachers.

The NUT now exists solely for the benefit of the NUT, in accordance with Pournelle's law. Hence their defence of the NUT executive.

Any teacher who is a member of the NUT is either

a) clinically thick
                b) doesn't care about kids or education
                or
                c) wants to have a nice career in the NUT.
                My Mrs was in the NUT. The other teaching unions are a waste of space and nicely go along with what the government brings in without so much as a murmur. A lot of the governments education policies are tulip and somebody needs to question them.

Comment

i wonder how long before this country becomes a Muslim state? not that long...

were is best to emigrate to?
                  I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                    The army recruitment point is quite valid, the forces deny they are attempting to recruit canon fodder on their school 'educational' visits. But by pure chance the schools they visit are tulip and in poor areas with lots of potential canon fodder material.
                    Also the UK government is breaking the UN Convention on Child Soldiers by recruiting in schools. No one here can pretend they are only trying to recruit the six formers who are going to be 18 or over soon.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X