• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Pound

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pound

Still dropping....

nearly 0.79 GBP to the EUR

The average price of a detached house in EUR was 525,000 and is currently
    443,000. That's a drop of EUR 80,000.

So where is the pound going to end up, or will it rise again soon?
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 26 March 2008, 13:17.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The average price of a detached house in EUR was 525,000 and is currently 443,000. That's a drop of EUR 80,000.
    And? Unless you have many millions of euros this information is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Still dropping....

nearly 0.79.

The average price of a detached house in EUR was 525,000 and is currently
      443,000. That's a drop of EUR 80,000.

So where is the pound going to end up, or will it rise again soon?
      Let us know if you get a definitive answer. Might help with my next investment decision ...
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Not when all those germans start MEWing their houses to buy holiday homes in nice villages in the South East.
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
          Not when all those germans start MEWing their houses to buy holiday homes in nice villages in the South East.
          Why would they want to move to this country (even if it was cheaper to live here, which it isn't)?

Comment

Umm, you sure you did economics in your degree?

Having lived overseas, and had to transfer savings between countries for deposits this information could be worth thousands (I got lucky both times I've transferred big of cash).

Although a man who's on the cusp of making millions from Majestik might not see it that way ...
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Umm, you sure you did economics in your degree?
              I did. Unlike you I guess.

He is talking about value of houses measured in euros. This information is not relevant to anyone who has not got lots of euros to buy a house for cash.

Comment

shurely it will affect the macroeconomic outlook for this country

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                  shurely it will affect the macroeconomic outlook for this country
                  I don't think it would matter that much actually. Falling pound will help exporters a bit, but there is not a lot of stuff now made in the UK, this only helps a lot to the USA who still make a lot of things.

Macroeconomics in the UK are mainly driven by the house price bubble, some currency volatility has no relevance on fundamentals.

Comment

I don't think it would matter that much actually. Falling pound will help exporters a bit, but there is not a lot of stuff now made in the UK, this only helps a lot to the USA who still make a lot of things.

Macroeconomics in the UK are mainly driven by the house price bubble, some currency volatility has no relevance on fundamentals.
                    Certainly making me more competitive with the euros!!

Comment

Working...
                    X