• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone applied to study at Harvard Uni?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone applied to study at Harvard Uni?

I did

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I did
    Recently?

I'm reading a Harvard Business School Press book at the mo
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I did
      Erm and?

I applied to space camp to become an astronaut when I was 9 but that doesn't really mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Recently?
        No, about 10 years ago, but I see the rejection letter every time I go to the toilet...

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
          Erm and?

I applied to space camp to become an astronaut when I was 9 but that doesn't really mean anything.
          I wrote a letter to Marconi Electronics when I was a kid, about 9, and years later I worked with the guy who replied.

Which is nice.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

You 'applied'.

So I take it you were refused then.

Whoot! Kudo to you AtW.

Perhaps we should all parade our refusals and failures here.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

No, I've never applied. I do have a funky job at the moment and earn a bucket load from it.

Then again the person that I know who is worth the most is illeterate and runs a scrap yard. He is often seen sorting bath taps / copper pipe muttering how much each piece is worth as he puts it in the scrap bins. * I know this as my mum used to work where he banked.

He's worth a few million. Easily.

His whole family run around in minimum of BMW5 series class cars. All < 2 years old.

Your point is?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                Then again the person that I know who is worth the most is illeterate and runs a scrap yard. He is often seen sorting bath taps / copper pipe muttering how much each piece is worth as he puts it in the scrap bins. * I know this as my mum used to work where he banked.
                Remember that famous photo of two boys from Eton College, doing their best to ignore a bunch of grinning urchins behind them? The papers wheel it out each time they do a class envy piece.

A few years ago, some enterprising journalist traced all the guys in the picture, to see what became of them. It turned out one of the toffs died of cholera or something not long afterwards on his way to India by sea, and I think the other one was killed in WW2.

So obviously neither was a failure. But by contrast with their misfortune, the poor kids did very well, all becoming pillars of the community in Slough, and as I recall one became a millionaire scrap dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
                  pillars of the community in Slough
                  nice

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                    nice

Yeah, I know what you mean. But forty years ago, or whenever, it might not have been the dump it's commonly regarded as today, unless you're John Betcheman (sp?).

Also, if someone barefoot as a kid can make it onto the town council, that's something to be proud of.
                    Last edited by Marina; 26 March 2008, 16:28.

Comment

Working...
                    X