• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Child support agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child support agency

i'm sure we have a had a threadd on whether dividend payments count as earnings for the child support agency

Would be grateful if someone could point me the way to this as I ahve been unable to trace it

http://www.publications.parliament.u...8/50308s01.htm

" Since the new scheme came into force, 21 hon. Members have raised with my noble Friend Baroness Hollis the fact that the new scheme does not take into account income in the form of dividends. A number of constituency cases were cited in which the non-resident parents were company directors who took the bulk of their income in the form of dividends. That led to what seemed to be inappropriately low maintenance liabilities. "

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...7/nslip127.xml

Policeman faked wage slip to cut maintenance

Not a good move...

Comment

No they don't. However, the claimant can apply for a variation.

HTH
        Last edited by ratewhore; 27 March 2008, 12:29. Reason: more up to date info
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          No they don't. However, the claimant can apply for a variation.

HTH
          the claimant shouldnt get to see your income, they should only know the payment that is due to them. if you have only just split with your mrs, then she will know, however in my case, where i split 7yrs ago and only been contracting 1yr she has no idea how much i earn.

I plan on agreeing a figure with her and removing the CSA altogther.
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
          X