• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

more lefty liberal bullgladioli

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more lefty liberal bullgladioli

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7314710.stm

The UK's treatment of asylum seekers falls "seriously below" the standards of a civilised society, a report says.
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    The report is by the Asylum Seekers Society or something.

A bit like the BBC reports on skills shortages in IT published by the IT Outsourcing Association of India that say we need to allow more Indians here.

Ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      Interesting, I wonder where is their benchmark "humane and civilised society", the one which we fall so far below?

Comment

The Independent Asylum Commission, led by an ex-senior judge, said the system denied sanctuary to some in need and failed to remove others who should go.
        Seems reasonable to me. They're just saying that asylum system doesn't work.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Interesting, I wonder where is their benchmark "humane and civilised society", the one which we fall so far below?
          Well duh! By definition it is anywhere where people feel it is ok to chop dogs ears off.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            Well duh! By definition it is anywhere where people feel it is ok to chop dogs ears off.

Or burn them off in a microwave.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

The system is broken. judgeing by the people my wife sees daily. Some have been here for three years - not a peep from the Home Office. Some have had their cases completely bungled by the Home Office. We wonder if monkeys are running the joint. They routinely don't follow their own rules and guidelines.

I like how the have picked up on the IR lingo. "we categorically deny that there is a problem. We just don't know what the hell we are doing" to paraphrase.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Seems reasonable to me. They're just saying that asylum system doesn't work.
                Careful. Before you know it CUK may become a civilised and thoughtful place and where would we be then?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Careful. Before you know it CUK may become a civilised and thoughtful place and where would we be then?
                  Somewhere else with a smattering of right wing nutjobs, village idiots and everything in between giving a broad range of healthy debate interspersed with regular guffaws of laughter at some of the noddy posts. Plus AtW just to give it something unique ...
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Soon we'll all agree that paying more tax is the solution to everything, that immigration creates a wealthy and young Britain, and that the government truly loves and cares for every one of us, from cradle to grave.

Comment

Working...
                    X