• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

God bless America

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God bless America

A man who tried to use a gun to install a satellite television system ended up shooting his wife dead by accident.

Ronald Long tried to make a hole in the exterior wall of his house in Missouri, US, to install the dish for the system.

After several unsuccessful attempts, he got a .22-calibre handgun and blasted two holes in the wall.

The second bullet hit his wife, Patsy, in the chest, fatally wounding her.

She was standing outside the house at the time, but Long reportedly thought she was inside.

Officials are now trying to determine whether to file charges against him.

Sheriff's Department spokesman Major Robert Hills said a person involved in such a case normally would be charged with manslaughter, but that was up to the prosecutor.

"Once we complete a diagram of the incident, we will be submitting everything to the prosecuting attorney and let him decide if he wants to press criminal charges," he said.
    Older and ...well, just older!!

I expect to see a recreation on CSI next season.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

It's what the Darwin Awards were set up for

Comment

Originally posted by HYpno27 View Post
        It's what the Darwin Awards were set up for
        Does she get it for being stupid enough to marry the chap?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I remember from an Engineering Design class that when someone buys a drill, they don't actually want a drill, but a hole in the wall.

Considering the construction of most 'Merkin houses I've seen, that using a .22 and not expecting the round to travel a fair way afterwards is pretty daft.

I'd have measured up, and pinned up some old wet blankets to catch it exiting.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            I remember from an Engineering Design class that when someone buys a drill, they don't actually want a drill, but a hole in the wall.

Considering the construction of most 'Merkin houses I've seen, that using a .22 and not expecting the round to travel a fair way afterwards is pretty daft.

cuk posters
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Oh, they let mentally infirm people have a Firearms Certificate in Denmark then, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Oh, they let mentally infirm people have a Firearms Certificate in Denmark then, eh?
                its called euthanasia
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Yep, you buy holes, not drills.

As for 'merkin houses - don't bother. Suburban American housing has probably the worst build quality and least durability of any outside of urban Japan.

The plot of land is worth something but the structure sitting upon it is a piece of tat that is worth zilch.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                  X