• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market in Scotland….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market in Scotland….

I used to work for a consultancy in Scotland, so have got to know a couple of Scottish contractors.

It appears that a large Indian consultancy (of the same name that has bought Jaguar) is doing testing at considerably cheaper rates for the RBS, NAG amongst at least one other major Scottish company. This is bound to be pushing rates and positions down.

Just wondering how things are from those on the ground? Living close to Manchester Airport I have good links by train, plane and automobile to Glasgow, hence was thinking about Scotland as an exit route from Permiedom.

Having said that, last time I looked rates were around the £220 mark for what I am getting over 50% over that here in the North West.

Appears that the Scots may be pushed out of their own country, or have to go permie…..

We don't worry about the scots here...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post

Should so - a lot of finance work in England comes from Scotland.

Eg:

Barclays Wealth
      RBS

Amongst others.

Not a great amount, but, off-shore work is slowly creeping ever closer south....

Comment

Wilmslowwww!!

Comment

Seriously, how doomed is the market in Scotland?

If Tata stuff up, then things will be nice and rosy.

If they pull it off with 3 very high profile clients they are now engaged with, things appear fairly bleak.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post

Too right.

Made your bed - lie in it.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              Seriously, how doomed is the market in Scotland?

If Tata stuff up, then things will be nice and rosy.

If they pull it off with 3 very high profile clients they are now engaged with, things appear fairly bleak.
              I think its the second one

Comment

I always thought scotland was safe from outsourcing because of the language barrier.
                The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  Wilmslowwww!!
                  <<canned laughter>>
                  Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                    I always thought scotland was safe from outsourcing because of the language barrier.
                    [sidjames] Whah hah ha ha haaaagh... heee heee hee hee haaaaaaa [/sidjames]

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X