• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pub Lunch in Guildford, where?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pub Lunch in Guildford, where?

Anyone recommend a good place for pub lunch in Guildford, pref near(ish) Ladymead?

I have to take a business colleague for lunch and I have no idea where to go

Anywhere on the way to Guildford from LHR would be fine.

TIA.

Ladymead is a shopping centre - why meet there?

Not really on the way to LHR, but the Jolly Farmer in Worplesden had quite a good rep. a few years ago.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Ladymead is a shopping centre - why meet there?
      According to my map, Lady Mead is a road, the A25, leading to Woodbridge Road

Comment

You can always try one of the many bars and restaurants in the town centre.

Failing that Al Dente at the Sheraton Skyline Heathrow is really not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          According to my map, Lady Mead is a road, the A25, leading to Woodbridge Road
          http://www.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Lady+Mead,+Guildford,+United+King dom&sll=50.699543,-3.251139&sspn=0.007258,0.01678&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocod e=0,51.248117,-0.575250&ll=51.248405,-0.577533&spn=0.003586,0.00839&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr

Didn't know the road was called that, but if you look north west of the road, there's a big car park - that is the retail park. It's not a very pleasant area for lunch (unless you want a burger king).
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Try the Horse and Groom on North Street.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Anyone recommend a good place for pub lunch in Guildford, pref near(ish) Ladymead?

I have to take a business colleague for lunch and I have no idea where to go

Anywhere on the way to Guildford from LHR would be fine.

TIA.
              White Hart in Wood Street Village. No question about it. Enjoy.

Jolly Farmer in Worplesdon not so good now. Worplesdon Place is Shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyP View Post
                White Hart in Wood Street Village. No question about it. Enjoy.
                I grew up a stone's throw from there. Went for a meal the other day and it was good.

Big change from the 80s...

Comment

Originally posted by t0bytoo View Post
                  I grew up a stone's throw from there. Went for a meal the other day and it was good.

Big change from the 80s...
                  Yeah used to be a pikeys paradise but great now.

Just got back from lunch at the Cricketers on the Aldershot Road. Was nice too but not as posh (or expensive) as the White Hart.

Local boy (Fairlands) myself.

Comment

Working...
                  X