• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/ma...entity.divorce

Nearly half of British marriages are likely to end in divorce, according to the bleak picture painted by a new statistical study.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) found 45% of marriages will end in divorce before a couple's 50th anniversary if 2005 rates continue, with almost half of these splits occurring before couples reach 10 years of marriage.

After the first decade, fewer than 31% of marriages will end in divorce, and after 20 years the proportion falls to about 15%.

The study, which analysed divorce and death rates from 2005, concluded that 10% of married couples are likely to celebrate a 60th wedding anniversary.

The figures were revealed a day after the institution of marriage took a further knock when official statistics showed the number of weddings in 2006 was the lowest for 110 years.

Marriage grew in popularity between 2002 and 2004, but fell by 9% in 2005 in England and Wales, when the long-term trend towards cohabitation out of wedlock resumed.

Provisional figures for 2006 released by the ONS yesterday showed there were 236,980 marriages, a further 4% decline on the previous year.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Only half?

All of mine did!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      Only half?

All of mine did!
      Wot! the last one too?

I thought you were going to keep that one on Tranquillizers?
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        Wot! the last one too?

I thought you were going to keep that one on Tranquillizers?
        Ah, the old "Sleeping Beauty" gambit...

Comment

You maybe want to try putting nicorette patches on the back of the neck whilst she sleeps.

Then she'll get the shakes whenever shes away from you.

threaded in "saw it in a cartoon, and it seemed reasonable" mode
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/ma...entity.divorce

Nearly half of British marriages are likely to end in divorce, according to the bleak picture painted by a new statistical study.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) found 45% of marriages will end in divorce before a couple's 50th anniversary if 2005 rates continue, with almost half of these splits occurring before couples reach 10 years of marriage.

After the first decade, fewer than 31% of marriages will end in divorce, and after 20 years the proportion falls to about 15%.

The study, which analysed divorce and death rates from 2005, concluded that 10% of married couples are likely to celebrate a 60th wedding anniversary.

The figures were revealed a day after the institution of marriage took a further knock when official statistics showed the number of weddings in 2006 was the lowest for 110 years.

Marriage grew in popularity between 2002 and 2004, but fell by 9% in 2005 in England and Wales, when the long-term trend towards cohabitation out of wedlock resumed.

Provisional figures for 2006 released by the ONS yesterday showed there were 236,980 marriages, a further 4% decline on the previous year.
            And this is news? Where have the guardian been the last few years?

70% (or is it 75%) of divorces are filed by women. women have all the power. at a whim they can take the children, assets & income - kick the man out and move in someone who would make Ian Brady look like a saint.

Only a completely stupid man would get married. Luckily 90% of men are stupid - and most of the rest are severely lacking in the testicularily area.

Of couse like all rules there is an execption - it is pondlife this year...

Comment

Nice to see a lot of doom messages this morning. I find doom and despondency really uplifting.

Lets have more of it.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Polyamory is the future.
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                  Polyamory is the future.
                  Is she as cute as Pollyanna?
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Hold on - I recently posted an article which stated that the rate of marraiges are going down therefore divorces shall go down as well.

Had to thank Mr Lewis advice on this one - he said -
                    Alf - you'll be a Batchelor Boy - until the day you die

Comment

Working...
                    X