• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brendan Harris and his mother laugh as he is questioned about murder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brendan Harris and his mother laugh as he is questioned about murder

Please can we sterilise both of them?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/7316601.stm
    Last edited by Lucy; 28 March 2008, 14:07. Reason: spelling

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    Please can we sterilise both of them?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/7316601.stm
    These scumbags should be jailed much ealier to prevent them making serious crimes - I don't believe that a guy like that did not commit any offence before he killed that girl.

What young people should know is that - if they make one wrong step they get screwed in jail completely - one wrong step on the grass, or one thrown stone at squirrels

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      These scumbags should be jailed much ealier to prevent them making serious crimes - I don't believe that a guy like that did not commit any offence before he killed that girl.

What young people should know is that - if they make one wrong step they get screwed in jail completely - one wrong step on the grass, or one thrown stone at squirrels
      Offering to do the screwing AtW ??

Comment

I think this is a symptom of how we handle crime in this country. Because kids grow up seeing that their actions have no real consequences with the police or their parents, so they push things further and further picking up the odd slap on the wrist as they go. Eventually they push things too far and in extreme cases we get what happened here. While I’m not advocating severe penalties on their first offence, all offences should be recorded and a well defined list of consequences should be drawn up.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I watched this on the local news last night and was almost in tears, these kids and their families are scum of the worst kind I can't believe they could laugh at what they did to that poor couple.

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
            I watched this on the local news last night and was almost in tears, these kids and their families are scum of the worst kind I can't believe they could laugh at what they did to that poor couple.
            I blame Thatcher.

HTH

Snaw/Benno etc

Comment

I don't care who or what is to blame for their callousness. I don't care if there is a remote possibility of them being rehabilitated. They should be exterminated like the vermin they are.
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                While I’m not advocating severe penalties on their first offence, all offences should be recorded and a well defined list of consequences should be drawn up.
                3 strikes and you are in jail should be the policy. There is an easily defined groups of young people who do all this stuff - zero tolerance should be applied to them - if they smoke hash then they should get arrested and charged, if they do _anything_ illegal then full weight of the law should fall upon them. These guys are not taxpayers, they don't contribute tulip and if anything the society is better off if those scumbags are in jail for the rest of their lives.

There is a story on daily mail about woman thief who has got like 170 (!) convictions and was spared jail again - she was given yet another chance. She is a drug addict so no wonder she steals to feed the habit. She should be in jail after 3rd such offence without any limit on when she gets released - maybe if she writes a Booker winning prize book whilst in jail or something like this, but no earlier.

Really sending off this sort of scum to Australia was a brilliant idea - they should now be sent to the Moon and Mars to colonise them or die trying

Comment

The problem with the three strikes thing is like they've discovered in the US. There are many people doing long stretches of time in jail that have never actually commited any offences...
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Article in the Telegraph mentioned the fact that these kids have minimal time with adults, and that's adults in general rather than just the parents (who in this case are clearly mongs of the highest order.).

This made me think back to my time in Italy where families went to church and then out for a meal every week. Probably not an exactly relevant comparison but you don't get this feral kid culture over there...
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X