• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Odd DIY projects

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd DIY projects

I’ve just spoken to one of my clients in the US before they close for the week. Part of the social bit was asking what each of us was doing over the weekend.

Me: working on database, website, etc.

Him: making a bed. By which he meant making one from scratch, buy the wood, cut, glue or what ever you do. I’ve never heard of anyone do such a thing. Is this an American thing or is this guy a woodworking nutter?
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Is this an American thing or is this guy a woodworking nutter?
    It's called recession dude...

Comment

So long as they don't go bust soon. Their fees for next quarter are due next week.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

They will probably be pleased that pound is not raising against dollar like euro. Maybe this would help UK get a bit more work from USA in the next few years.

Comment

Him: making a bed... Is this an American thing or is this guy a woodworking nutter?
          Actually, I did make my own bed! From mild steel rather than timber.

Improved my welding skills no end!

And no, it's not some kind of kinky goth dungeon thing.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            They will probably be pleased that pound is not raising against dollar like euro. Maybe this would help UK get a bit more work from USA in the next few years.
            I invoice in USD so it's me who is suffering at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              Actually, I did make my own bed! From mild steel rather than timber.

Improved my welding skills no end!
              wedding
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Well, then you should be greatful that pound is not gaining as much to the dollar as much as euro does!

Comment

Me too
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

I spent many happy weekends in my parents' shed growing up. Made bookshelves, tables and stuff.

It's nice to actually create something phyiscal that you can use for years, unlike this IT nonsense...
                    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Working...
                    X