• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Earth Hour' 8pm-9pm today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Earth Hour' 8pm-9pm today

Lights out in your local time zone... doing it? What do you think of it?

(Damn, can you edit poll options to correct a typo, btw?)
    Why not - sound like a fun thing to participate in
    7.14%
    I might do if I remember, not too fussed
    14.29%
    I'm against this sort of thing, I'll explain why below...
    39.29%
    I'd like to knock AndyW's lights out
    39.29%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by realityhack; 29 March 2008, 09:30.

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Lights out in your local time zone... doing it? What do you think of it?
    This time it's 2000 - 2100 GMT, but if they don't get a move on and start building 40 or 50 fast breeder reactors in the UK it will be a trial run for electricity being turned off much of the time between 2010 and 2100 AD.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      This time it's 2000 - 2100 GMT, but if they don't get a move on and start building 40 or 50 fast breeder reactors in the UK it will be a trial run for electricity being turned off much of the time between 2010 and 2100 AD.
      Good thing I have an emergency 7 Kw Generator wired in
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

No pissing way, casualty is on.

Comment

Originally posted by RRH View Post
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

What's disturbing is, after watching that video of you as a real man in the 'real men' thread... I can picture you saying that. I now 'hear' your posts. <shudder>

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
              What's disturbing is, after watching that video of you as a real man in the 'real men' thread... I can picture you saying that. I now 'hear' your posts. <shudder>
              I suppose you and yours will be observing 'earth hour' then sat round in candle light, reading the Guardian and sipping lentil soup?

Comment

I suppose you and yours will be observing 'earth hour' then sat round in candle light, reading the Guardian and sipping lentil soup?
                That's right littlejohn, that's exactly what I'll be doing.

Judging by your dress sense, that's exactly what you'll be doing too.

Comment

I will be turning all the lights and all electrical appliances off in my house to observe this.

Although, that is mostly due to the fact that I will be down the pub at that time.

Comment

great time to go out and mug someone
                    crime was a lot higher in the Victorian darker streets.
                    not enough light to catch people on that new fangled CCTV system

Comment

Working...
                    X