• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

English weather

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English weather

Car run out of MOT so can't drive right now, had to walk back from shop with stuff and naturally it was raining all the way up to my house, when the rain stopped.

Meanwhile good chat in a local park with local old English chap suggested (he said it) that English people have always been sloppy - we were talking about trivial pool work done by English building contractors that have already overrun scheduled time of 6 months (that's about 5 months longer than the job required in my view) and they seem to work like one day a week - clearly they don't give a hoot about birds needing to nest

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    ... had to walk back from shop with stuff and naturally it was raining all the way up to my house, ...
    Are you a Quasi Supernormal Incremental Precipitation Inducer aka a Rain God ?

As well as a twat.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Aye. Pity I can't induce fire on your hairy butt...

Comment

Car run out of MOT so can't drive right now, had to walk back from shop with stuff and naturally it was raining all the way up to my house, when the rain stopped.

Meanwhile good chat in a local park with local old English chap suggested (he said it) that English people have always been sloppy - we were talking about trivial pool work done by English building contractors that have already overrun scheduled time of 6 months (that's about 5 months longer than the job required in my view) and they seem to work like one day a week - clearly they don't give a hoot about birds needing to nest
        Originally posted by An Official Drivel Monitor

Drivel alert!

This Generalist is drivelling.

Move this thread the Light-Relief at once!

Drivel alert!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Comment

Car run out of MOT
            Meanwhile good chat in a local park with local old English chap suggested (he said it) that English people have always been sloppy
            What, sloppy in that they let their cars run out of MOT even though this is a repeatable task each year rather than a surprise event?

Comment

Originally posted by KackAttack View Post
              What, sloppy in that they let their cars run out of MOT even though this is a repeatable task each year rather than a surprise event?
              Yep, that was sloppy too.

Comment

Yep, that was sloppy too.
                AtW, Buy a new car, you won't have to MOT it for the next three years then.

HTH
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Wasn't there some talk a while ago about changing the rules so that older cars only need an MOT every two years?

That'll really speed things up on the road, with broken down bangers blocking a lane every few hundred yards.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Wasn't there some talk a while ago about changing the rules so that older cars only need an MOT every two years?

That'll really speed things up on the road, with broken down bangers blocking a lane every few hundred yards.
                    by "older cars" you mean >3 years? how about cars need MOT at 3, 5, 7, 9 then every year?

If cars really are bangers they probably will never have an MOT.

Comment

Working...
                    X