• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

.Net Contract Market in London. Need advices.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.Net Contract Market in London. Need advices.

Hello there,

I've been looking at this website for a few months to get an understanding of the rates currently in practice in London for .Net developers.
    I've been quite surprised to see that there is jobs offer for as low as £100 to £200 per day. Is this really possible?

I'm French and after few years in Paris, I’ve be working a couple of years in Dublin, sometimes as a contractor. Now I'm in Sydney and I've only been doing contract work for the past 1.5 year. So far I can't really complain about the market or the quality of life, but I know that I won't stay here forever.
    I'm thinking of returning to Europe and my destination of choice will be London.
    I'll appreciate if can get some opinion and realistic rates for someone with experience but no track record in the UK.
    I did almost exclusively web projects, almost no windows development, and I have 8 years of experience (more than 5 doing .Net). I don't have any experience in Finance and if also my English has never been an issue at work I'm still not fluent.
    To give you an idea, I'm currently getting AU$70ph which is considered pretty good in Sydney and don't want to go to London if it's to end-up with less for a higher cost of living.
    Is the current average of £408 calculated on this site a realistic target for someone new to the London Market?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    And if someone is thinking of doing the exact opposite to me don't hesitate to ask me questions, I'll be more than happy to give you my limited insight on the Sydney market.

Christophe.

Working...
X