• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New taxes on mobile phones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New taxes on mobile phones

Another expert has concluded that all mobile phone users are at great risk of early death by radiation induced cancer. Much more so than by smoking. Presumably, someone who makes 20 calls a day is more at risk than a 20 a day smoker. When you hold a mobile to your ear it's a bit like doing this, but in slow motion (10+ yrs)

Now Govt will be taking note, and thinking that we need to be protected from ourselves. So expect new taxes and rules. Maybe age limit of 18 before use. A tax escalator on making and receiving calls. No mobile rule in the workplace or any enclosed places

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...ng-802602.html

I've been using mobiles for 9 yrs. The expert says it takes 10yrs, so I've got one year left. I'm quitting me contract tomorrow, and going to splurge on a luxury round world holiday.

Seeing as mobile phones have been around way longer than 10 years, I expect there are thousands of people currently in hospital being treated for brain cancer?

If they're really that bad, are we exposed to the harmful effects all the time seeing as we're getting bombarded by other people's phone call signals?

Or is it a proximity thing, like how you can expect to go deaf by putting your head near a speaker at a rock concert, but further away the effects are negligable?
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      Seeing as mobile phones have been around way longer than 10 years, I expect there are thousands of people currently in hospital being treated for brain cancer?

If they're really that bad, are we exposed to the harmful effects all the time seeing as we're getting bombarded by other people's phone call signals?

Or is it a proximity thing, like how you can expect to go deaf by putting your head near a speaker at a rock concert, but further away the effects are negligable?

True, maybe 10 yrs is a bit short. He'll just increase the gestation period to 20years. That will cover him for another 10 years of juicy consultation fees, conferences and reports. Much easier way of earning dosh than doing his real job. They did similar thing when millions of people did not succum to Mad Cow disease. I heard recently that the MCD incubation period is now 30 years!

Note the way they use the word 'radiation' rather than signal. This is to scare Joe Public, by making him think his phone is a mini-nuke. I'm waiting for the first report that someone gets cancer because of exposure to '2nd hand mobile phone radiation'

Wi Fi is also being targeted. Actually any electrical device emits some radiation. Maybe it's a Green-Eco plot to ban electricity and save the planet.

Comment

Working...
      X