• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big up Bristol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big up Bristol

Any Bristolians agree/disagree?

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    I'm not a Bristolian, so I'll agree to disagree if you agree or agree to agree if you disagree, do you agree?
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I have some friends who live in Bristol and rave about the place (and these are proud Mancunians) I keep meanig to visit sometime.

Comment

From the title I thought you were going to say something about the fact that the Mighty Reds (Bristol City, the only team in Bristol worth supporting) went to the top of the Championship yesterday afternoon with only 5 games to go.

Anyway - agree with what? Bristol is a wicked city? Oh yes, big up Bristol indeed. A truly special city. Far better than Manchester - that is why your Manc mates have not come home HRH.

Cannot think of a nicer place to live. Have moved just North as needed somewhere bigger and with prices being what they are and having a two year old daughter and another on the way thought is was a good time to get out. Been living in the centre since 1996 and was gutted to leave. Told the Mrs that as soon as the kids are gone we will be going back...

Clubbing was superb. Got there as the jungle ting was just kicking off. Crazy days
        my ferret is your ferret

Comment

^ What he said, though I live down the road in 'wesson' I work and play in 'Brisol'.

My dad moved to Spain about 15 years ago but on a recent visit he got talking to my uncle who lives in southville (south Bristol), he asked if my uncle had any plans to move abroad, the reply was: "no chance I loves Bristol too much, I feckin' loves the place".

Come on city keep it up, not far to go now… drink up ye zider!
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Bristol people are always really friendly, makes you wonder why the opposite end of the M4 is the way it is
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I was doing some contracting in Bristol and it is nice city center - galls might be annoying at times, but overall not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
                From the title I thought you were going to say something about the fact that the Mighty Reds (Bristol City, the only team in Bristol worth supporting) went to the top of the Championship yesterday afternoon with only 5 games to go.

Anyway - agree with what? Bristol is a wicked city? Oh yes, big up Bristol indeed. A truly special city. Far better than Manchester - that is why your Manc mates have not come home HRH.

Cannot think of a nicer place to live. Have moved just North as needed somewhere bigger and with prices being what they are and having a two year old daughter and another on the way thought is was a good time to get out. Been living in the centre since 1996 and was gutted to leave. Told the Mrs that as soon as the kids are gone we will be going back...

Clubbing was superb. Got there as the jungle ting was just kicking off. Crazy days

Lets not go overboard, its a nice little place but its a bit provinsial compared to Manchester/London. My friends still prefer MCR and would like to move back one day, they simply say Bristol is better than they thought.

HTH
                HRH.

Comment

Bristol's - Rhyming Slang, short for Bristol city, 'titty'. Therefore 'Bristol's' = 'titties' or 'tits'. Used in the term "She's big in the Bristol area".

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Come on city keep it up, not far to go now… drink up ye zider!
                    Mental month ahead. Really hope they hold their nerve!

Originally posted by HRH View Post
                    Lets not go overboard, its a nice little place blah blah blah
                    I am just looking at some random sites here so correct me if I am wrong:
                    http://www.ukcities.co.uk/populations/
                    http://www.lovemytown.co.uk/Populations/TownsTable1.htm
                    http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch...ion/cities.htm

So just as you say Bristol is "a nice little place" I could say Manchester is a "dirty little place". Never would have guessed Bradford and Sheffield are bigger than Manchester. Learn something new everyday eh? Unless you are RRH of course, in which case you know everything already. Apart from how to spell provincial of course
                    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Working...
                    X