• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there much work about?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there much work about?

Getting made redundant by my current employer, I have been scouring for jobs on jobserve and CWjobs. I have applied for quite a few and haven't had much response. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre
    Getting made redundant by my current employer, I have been scouring for jobs on jobserve and CWjobs. I have applied for quite a few and haven't had much response. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong?
    Depends what sort of job you're looking for. What sort of job are you looking for?

Comment

summer is generally slow - as most recruiting managers are on holiday
      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Mobile Telecomms. VAS design/Business Analyst/Service Architecture/Capacity planning

Comment

Got any contacts at Voda, O2, etc?

Comment

I've got loads at O2...me too until next Friday!

Comment

I'm currently in a contract - switched off all my searchable CVs and not applying for anything. Yet I've received five calls today alone from agencies touting contracts, so there must be plenty of work around.
              Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

mmm???? maybe being new to contracting doesn't help. I've had a couple of calls. They said my CV looks good and they'll look out for something. Does it normally take long to get fixed up?

Comment

I've got loads at O2...me too until next Friday!
                  Can't believe someone somewhere at O2 doesn't want a BA contractor with relevant experience. Have you tried asking around other offices and/or departments? You may well find some PM somewhere is looking to take on a contractor and you will be the answer to his/her dreams.

Tip: not all IT contractors work in the IT department at O2. Try the radio network boys, for instance.

Comment

Does it normally take long to get fixed up?
                    I can only speak from personal experience, but it takes a while. After a couple of contracts agents remember your name and what you can do, so they start calling you as soon as they receive a job spec. It's all about establishing yourself in the market, gaining a reputation, etc.

Btw, it also helps that I'm cheap
                    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
                    X