• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guilt trip to the supermarket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guilt trip to the supermarket

In my local Sainsburys yesterday they decided they would hide the free carrier bags in some kind of attempt to preach to the customers on global warming.

The patronising little cow on the till asked if I wanted to "buy a bag for life?"
    No thanks I said as the shopping was pilling up, "can I have some carrier bags please?"

By the look of distain on her face you think I'd said "can I have a sh1t on the conveyor belt?"

The patronising barstewards
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Go to Waitrose, baggy

Comment

The nearest Waitrose is 6 miles away, and I was hungry!
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Not sure I see the issue over plastic bags. plastic can be recycled can't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          The nearest Waitrose is 6 miles away, and I was hungry!
          It's worth it pussycat. No attitude from the staff of Waitrose.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
            It's worth it pussycat. No attitude from the staff of Waitrose.
            You need to get a job ASAP there Lucy

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              You need to get a job ASAP there Lucy
              Yes, I've often thought there should be more people with PhDs working in supermarkets.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                Yes, I've often thought there should be more people with PhDs working in supermarkets.
                Such a different approach to me and baggy, don't stand too long under sun - you might melt

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Not sure I see the issue over plastic bags. plastic can be recycled can't it?
                  It's mainly cosmetic. Plastic bags are more environmentally friendly to produce than paper ones, and take up a negligible % of landfill space. They don't biodegrade for centuries, but nor do most things. They just make the country a total mess by getting blown into trees, hedges etc.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                    They don't biodegrade for centuries
                    Co-op use biodegradable bags which disintegrate in < 1 year

Comment

Working...
                    X