• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Possibly a daft question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly a daft question

I always believed that in most situations there were winners and losers

so if the NR shareholders have lost out, if the NR borrowers might lose out, if the taxpayer might lose out, my question is, who stands to gain from all this ?(apart from that applegarth character, who would have been paid anyway)

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

The people at the top with the money in the first place. It's called the trickle down effect, they trickle a little money down, and later they get a big wedge back in return.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      I always believed that in most situations there were winners and losers

so if the NR shareholders have lost out, if the NR borrowers might lose out, if the taxpayer might lose out, my question is, who stands to gain from all this ?(apart from that applegarth character, who would have been paid anyway)

If you think about it, where has all the money lent gone?

It has gone to home owners who sold a bedsit above a kebab shop in Peckham and made enough money to retire to a 5 bed villa on the mediterranean seafront.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        If you think about it, where has all the money lent gone?

It has gone to home owners who sold a bedsit above a kebab shop in Peckham and made enough money to retire to a 5 bed villa on the mediterranean seafront.
        Some of the trickle down went there, but not that much in the great scheme of things.

Most of the money never really existed, and so has ceased to exist in its none existance so to speak.

The vast bulk of this non-existant money has gone to increase the numbers shown as the bottom line of the people who put the money in, in the first place. The disparity between the numbers and the actual value will be corrected later when they transfer real money into these accounts from your savings, pensions etc. via a bout of inflation.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          Some of the trickle down went there, but not that much in the great scheme of things.

Most of the money never really existed, and so has ceased to exist in its none existance so to speak.

The vast bulk of this non-existant money has gone to increase the numbers shown as the bottom line of the people who put the money in, in the first place. The disparity between the numbers and the actual value will be corrected later when they transfer real money into these accounts from your savings, pensions etc. via a bout of inflation.

HTH

ok , so you are giving me more losers

now give me the winners. The last time I got trickle down, it was thirty years ago in the Gwladys street end, down the back of my leg

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

now give me the winners. The last time I got trickle down, it was thirty years ago in the Gwladys street end, down the back of my leg

It's just another Ponsi scheme, and the winners are those that put the money in, in the first place.

Comment

Everyone from the cockney barrow boys who sold the mythical financial instruments in the first place and upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Everyone from the cockney barrow boys who sold the mythical financial instruments in the first place and upwards.
                merci.
                It's important to know who to hate

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

merci.
                  It's important to know who to hate
                  Just my take on things.

Comment

Hate me, I converted my equity into cash...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X