• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour politician in wise decision shocker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour politician in wise decision shocker

Harriet Harman was today forced to explain her decision to wear a stab-proof vest to tour her South London constituency in the company of three police officers.

I thought it would be fairly bleedin obvious...

More here.

Older and ...well, just older!!

So she reckons that she's in more danger of being attacked than the police officer standing next to her?
    She also doesn't place much faith in the secret servicemen shadowing her either.
    of course I may be maligning her and she's only wearing the vest under strict protest after much sage advice from the police etc.......
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Ms Harman claimed that she had only put on the Kevlar-reinforced jacket to be polite, because all the officers were wearing them.

I look forward to seeing her wearing a saucy nurses uniform the next time she's touring a hospital, "just to be polite".

Actually, thinking about it, I don't.

Comment

Shirley if she's goin' to wander 'round Peckem she should wear a bag on her head not a flak-jacket?
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I'd just stab her in the face.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

In PMQ, Hague said "she wears a stab-proof vest in Peckham, a hard hat on a building site, a sari when she visits her constituents, why isn't she wearing a clown suit in Parliament?"
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              In PMQ, Hague said "she wears a stab-proof vest in Peckham, a hard hat on a building site, a sari when she visits her constituents, why isn't she wearing a clown suit in Parliament?"
              Did he really?

Ace

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                Did he really?

Ace
                Paraphrased from memory, but all here (04:50) - it's worth watching them both from the beginning - thought Hague had the slight edge but to be fair to the femidom, she did hold her own, despite her obvious misunderstanding it wasn't PMQs for the deaf.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/c...&nbwm=1&bbwm=1
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  Paraphrased from memory, but all here (04:50) - it's worth watching them both from the beginning - thought Hague had the slight edge but to be fair to the femidom, she did hold her own, despite her obvious misunderstanding it wasn't PMQs for the deaf.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/c...&nbwm=1&bbwm=1

Yeah I saw that on TV was soo funny

Comment

Working...
                  X