• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What it means to be British

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What it means to be British

This guy is a star!
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

That is so laid back, even I'm impressed
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      That is so laid back, even I'm impressed
      He was an insurance company exec. You don't think they're going to bounce his claim, do you?

Comment

I predict a divorce.

Comment

Stiff upper lip to the max

Comment

Well, there's not much he can do after all. You can phone the insurance company just as well from a Portuguese golf course as you can from a B&B around the corner from the smoldering remains of your house.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
              Well, there's not much he can do after all.
              Threaded could have gone back in time and build his own emergency landing lane before this would have happened.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                Threaded could have gone back in time and build his own emergency landing lane before this would have happened.
                Ah, but if I did that then there would have been a reduction in the research funding to find how to prevent faults in complex systems, and man would never have reached the stars/invented time travel.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                  Hello, Franco, my friend. Still larging it up en Suisse? How is Mrs Franco adjusting to the move?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
                    Well, there's not much he can do after all. You can phone the insurance company just as well from a Portuguese golf course as you can from a B&B around the corner from the smoldering remains of your house.
                    Exactly.

His wife is with her sons. The house is and probably will remain sealed off.

Why ruin a holiday just to sit around wondering what you are going to do.

I mean is there anything that you can really do?

Comment

Working...
                    X