• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More time posting than coding?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More time posting than coding?

Are we supposed to be necessarily code monkeys?

Nah well, actually not everybody is so lucky.

Wish to go back to coding.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Originally posted by Francko
    Are we supposed to be necessarily code monkeys?

Nah well, actually not everybody is so lucky.

Wish to go back to coding.
    Don't be a fool, think of all that money!

As for the posting description, are we not geeks? Do geeks not live a virtual life in a pathetic attempt to compensate for their hollow, friendless existence?
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave

As for the posting description, are we not geeks? Do geeks not live a virtual life in a pathetic attempt to compensate for their hollow, friendless existence?
      Hey, geeks are human too. Well, some of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        Hey, geeks are human too. Well, some of them.
        Yes, and this means?

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
          I see how management contractors get appreciated have a search for this ad in jobserve:

Programme Officer (ITIL, PMI, Prince 2) Contract

Programme Officer required with management experience including Prince 2 or PMI, ITIL and negotiation skills for our client. You will also provide support to the Programme and Process Manager. If you have the above skills-apply today. Services offered by XXXXXXXXXXXXXX are those of an employment business and/or employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
          Location London
          Country England
          Start Date ASAP
          Duration 3 months
          Rate Up To 160 Depending On Experience

Now now.... better focus on my .net skills
          Last edited by Francko; 20 July 2005, 08:49.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Franco, that's a Programme Support position, not a management consultant role. At that rate, I suspect it's an ignorant public sector client (local government?) trying their luck. Most of them have no idea of market rates, and then they wonder why someone marginally more intelligent than them ends up accepting the contract and delivering a Frank Spencer service.

Comment

Working...
            X