• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Illegal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illegal

Illegal
    A late night bill last night, in the House of Commons, made it illegal for agencies to take money from clients for supplying IT Contractors.

It makes null and void every contract between IT Contractors, the agencies and the clients.

It doesn't make clear what happens now as tens of thousands of contracts up and down he land are suddenly invalidated.

Renegotiate

It is expected that the vast majority of clients will simply renegotiate with IT Contractors, coming to some kind of arrangement with the contractors.

Conractors are urged to do this immediately as their contracts become invalid on April 30th.

Surely that should be hundreds of thousands? ( A trifling point, I know ).
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Why have I suddenly developed an April fools phobia
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Today, 14:32

You know what they say about doing it after 12.00 right?
        The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

He nicked that joke from I.T.Contractor.com

Actually I suppose it's a bit flattering for something on that site to get posted here

Comment

Working...
          X