• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CCIE job prospects

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCIE job prospects

Anyone know the demand for CCIE (R&S) engineers in the UK at the moment? North West in particular, but the person in question is flexible.
    Last edited by benn0; 1 April 2008, 15:14.

Plentiful on perm in my exp..... Not many contractors at the moment.

Comment

nope
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by benn0 View Post
        Anyone know the demand for CCIE (R&S) engineers in the UK at the moment? North West in particular, but the person in question in flexible.
        I get lots of calls for CCNP roles, have you tried typing CCIE into the job search engine on this site?
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          I get lots of calls for CCNP roles, have you tried typing CCIE into the job search engine on this site?
          Because there's no such thing as a false job or an agent fishing for leads on jobserve is there?

Comment

Originally posted by benn0 View Post
            Because there's no such thing as a false job or an agent fishing for leads on jobserve is there?
            Just trying to help you answer your question
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Just trying to help you answer your question
              No problem - Its not for me, but a mate looking at moving back to the UK. Just trying to get a general feel for the market rather than a search on jobswerve or the like which isn't always the best guide.

Comment

Affiniti are ALWAYS looking for CCIE's even if there's nowt advertised on their website. Up north they have offices in manc, hull and edinburgh. PM me for a contact email if you like.

Comment

I'm a CCIE. Based in London so not exactly the same market (More financial here, which is hardest hit), but from what I see there aren't as many jobs out there and rates are flat or dropping slightly.

He'd get work in London no worries.

Permie I've no idea.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I agree with HRH.

I'm also a CCIE. I get lots of calls for permies with Cisco Partners but not many contract gigs.

Most of the contracts are with the banking sector.

Comment

Working...
                    X