• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BMW Drivers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Drivers

Extremely non-witty poll to follow
    I own a Beemer what's the problem?
    15.94%
    Only inconsiderate road hogs drive bmw's
    39.13%
    No different from any other drivers
    15.94%
    Andyw and HRH car pool a 318
    28.99%

The poll is expired.

Are indicators an optional extra? or do you have to sign a declaration at the dealership that you will drive like a twat?

Actually they must have indicators otherwise how do you put the hazzard lights on when parking on the zebra crossing or box junction?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The only good thing about a BMW is RWD
      Kneel before Bod

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Are indicators an optional extra?
        Yes, so is the "off" switch for the foglights.

The powerful forward facing electromagnet is standard though :-)

I have known 2 decent BMW drivers personally and met a few on the roads, but slagging 'em is fun and they do tend to live down to the stereotype as typified in that Audi TV ad a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bod View Post
          The only good thing about a BMW is RWD
          Curious this RWD thing - it wasn't nearly so trendy when fitted to Ford Sierras and Nissan Sunnys was it?

Comment

I've always had a go at BMW drivers in the past but if you want a good diesel saloon that will hold its value I can't see anything better for the money?
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              I've always had a go at BMW drivers in the past but if you want a good diesel saloon that will hold its value I can't see anything better for the money?
              Fair comment but as I've said on here before, I question the calculations that suggest they hold their value, certainly as a new buy - because for most models everyone pays many thousands over list.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                Fair comment but as I've said on here before, I question the calculations that suggest they hold their value, certainly as a new buy - because for most models everyone pays many thousands over list.
                No, not as new but a 2 year old BMW will be worth a heck of a lot more in 3 years time compared to an equivalent Mondeo, something you have to take into consideration if you intend to change every 3 years like I do.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Are indicators an optional extra? or do you have to sign a declaration at the dealership that you will drive like a twat?
                  Yes. And they offer 'training courses' too, enabling you to forget any driving technique, road manners or simple safety procedures that you once observed as a driver of a lesser machine.

The BWM training camp schools you in many useful techniques to impose your new Übermensch driver status upon other road users.

A nice one is how to flat-spot the tyres of all the drivers behind you as they brake to allow you suddenly swerve across three lanes to make your urgent and previously unconsidered exit from the motorway.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I've had a few Beamers, never altered my style of driving.
                    Except for the last one, liked to turn sharp right if I hit the brakes hard.
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X