• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7/7 was nothing to do with Iraq - Blair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7/7 was nothing to do with Iraq - Blair

Mr Blair said London's bombers and others used Iraq and Afghanistan as an excuse. He again denied the invasion of Iraq had made Britain a target.

Following Blair's logic:

1. If we hadn't occupied Iraq, terrorists could not use it as an excuse.

2. Ergo, the occupation has provided a potential excuse.

3. Ergo, it must have increased the risk.

4. Ergo, the invasion of Iraq has made Britain a more likely target.

5. Ergo, Blair has contradicted himself. Which is how you catch out liars.

Down at the Wednesday meetings of the suicide bombers club of course they are all discussing how to punish a decadent Western society. The invasion of Iraq is never even mentioned as a reason or justification for terrorism, should anyone mention it as a justification they all look baffled.

Don't politicians come out with total crap?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Blair mentioned Beslan happening even though Russia was opposed to Iraq war -- like it mattered in this case since Beslan was result of war in Chechnya.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        Blair mentioned Beslan happening even though Russia was opposed to Iraq war -- like it mattered in this case since Beslan was result of war in Chechnya.
        Nah, following Blair's logic, the war in Chechnya was just "an excuse".

Comment

Sometimes i wonder at politicians taking these stances in deneying what is perfectly logical to everyone ( Blair with bombing vs Iraq) or attempting to continue to create links where there are none (Bush with WMD/Terrorists vs Iraq), first thought is are they really stupid or do they think we are?

But then i remember they have all these Media/PR and spin experts, doing 100's of polls and voter surveys and no matter what we might think of the politicians these other guys are very far from stupid, so it must be that huge portions of the population are the stupid ones, because they beleive this crap, even though any sensible person should not.

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
            first thought is are they really stupid or do they think we are?
            They are playing to win - they know too well that stories don't hold for long as new one is needed, topic of Iraq stayed unusually too long for them, but other things like collapse of Rover is of no much concern now. This is why they took Rover into administration few weeks before Elections because this was the only way to guarantee that it won't blow JUST BEFORE the important date.

Say take US Elections -- major assault on Falluja did not happen until day or two after the voting.

Bottom line is this -- people get the Govt they deserve.

Comment

Working...
            X