• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got my banger.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my banger.....

Only just made it home.

Proper banger - scraped along both sides, exhaust blowing, and CV joint knocking like crazy when warm, only just limped it the 6 miles home.

Parked 4 foot from the end of my driveway, so I am now feeling nice and protected from local loons.

Has tax which is why I got it - end July, cost £200.

Best thing - the so called dealer did not know how to complete the form, so, even when the tax runs out, just a case of leaving it forever and a day, or, until the council tow it away as not in my name Mwahaha...

Took pics of more anti-social parking today, about to email the local police advising them that I am joining 5 other neighbours parking a shed on the road to preserve our driveway access. Important to emphasize I am one of many. Local councillor involved, so will cc him.

Interesting stuff this parking war lark!
    Last edited by Wilmslow; 1 April 2008, 21:42.

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Only just made it home.

Proper banger - scraped along both sides, exhaust blowing, and CV joint knocking like crazy when warm, only just limped it the 6 miles home.

Parked 4 foot from the end of my driveway, so I am now feeling nice and protected from local loons.

Has tax which is why I got it - end July, cost £200.

Took pics of more anti-social parking today, about to email the local police advising them that I am joining 5 other neighbours parking a shed on the road to preserve our driveway access. Important to emphasize I am one of many. Local councillor involved, so will cc him.

Interesting stuff this parking war lark!
    I thought Plod weren't interested?
    Last time I had a banger I was trying to avoid attention from them, not invite it - still it's your life

Comment

Lets see some piccies then Wilmslow.

Comment

Sounds awesome!

I'd have done exactly the same thing. If they can't park with consideration they deserve all they get.

Would love to see some piccies of it though (so would the others)
        Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
          Sounds awesome!

I'd have done exactly the same thing. If they can't park with consideration they deserve all they get.

Would love to see some piccies of it though (so would the others)
          Not posted pics on a forum before - how do I go about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            I thought Plod weren't interested?
            Last time I had a banger I was trying to avoid attention from them, not invite it - still it's your life
            Now that the local councilor is involved, plod is suddenly taking an interest in trying to say that things are fine, stop whinging. Hence I am rattling things up so we can tackle the problems head on. Hopefully!!

Comment

Upload them to a photo sharing site (http://www.flickr.com or http://photobucket.com/) and then post the URLs here!
              my ferret is your ferret

Comment

I don't think you can embed images on this forum.

Best thing is to go to photobucket and open up an account (it's free). Upload your images and post the links in here.

By default all of your piccies are public viewable, so you can just post the URL to your album.

Piece of cake, PM me if you get stuck.
                Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Post a picture of yourself standing by the banger, so we can, um, see how large the car is.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Post a picture of yourself standing by the banger, so we can, um, see how large the car is.
                    Wot He said.
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X