• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Classic agency scam mail to get names of and other interview details

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic agency scam mail to get names of and other interview details

Classic agency scam mail to get names of and other interview details..

desperate times = desperate measures ...

I mean how lazy ... read on ... . I don't knock em for trying to generate business though but it's at the cost of others and they know it...........

3 of our key clients have announced major expansion drives in Asia as a result of continued strong performance and in light of the instability and diminished opportunity for talented candidates within competitors as a result of the recent markets.

As such I wanted to clarify which opportunities you have already investigated in order to avoid any cross-over or duplication and to make sure that we are in a position to act quickly on your behalf. Please can you confirm what interviews you have had over the recent months and which people you met at each desk, this information will be useful

- Organisation
    - Role
    - Contact/Hiring Manager
    - Date of interview

Also please send me an updated resume and I am particularly keen to hear your thoughts on past interviews and which options you think tie in well with your longer terms aspirations

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    Please can you confirm what interviews you have had over the recent months and which people you met at each desk, this information will be useful
    No s*** sherlock.

Total discrace. Name and shame?
    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Classic agency scam mail to get names of and other interview details..

desperate times = desperate measures ...

I mean how lazy ... read on ... . I don't knock em for trying to generate business though but it's at the cost of others and they know it...........

3 of our key clients have announced major expansion drives in Asia as a result of continued strong performance and in light of the instability and diminished opportunity for talented candidates within competitors as a result of the recent markets.

As such I wanted to clarify which opportunities you have already investigated in order to avoid any cross-over or duplication and to make sure that we are in a position to act quickly on your behalf. Please can you confirm what interviews you have had over the recent months and which people you met at each desk, this information will be useful

- Organisation
      - Role
      - Contact/Hiring Manager
      - Date of interview

Also please send me an updated resume and I am particularly keen to hear your thoughts on past interviews and which options you think tie in well with your longer terms aspirations

Had exactly the same last week.
      If they must be a lying scum bag , At least have the intelligence to pull it off.

Comment

That's taking the mick - I'd just email them a lot of fake details.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

...to make sure that we are in a position to act quickly on your behalf.
          Ah well, there is the flaw: agencies never act on your behalf. They act on clients' behalf.

Given that, it is a fallacy to think in terms of finding an agent, and the agent finding a contract. That's a bit like walking into a market, stopping at the first seller you find, and asking him to find something interesting for you. No, you go round the lot of them and see if you fancy what any of them are selling. You argue over the price. You set one off against the other. And you laugh at any that tell you that you'll be blacklisted if you speak to another seller!

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Ah well, there is the flaw: agencies never act on your behalf. They act on clients' behalf.

Given that, it is a fallacy to think in terms of finding an agent, and the agent finding a contract. That's a bit like walking into a market, stopping at the first seller you find, and asking him to find something interesting for you. No, you go round the lot of them and see if you fancy what any of them are selling. You argue over the price. You set one off against the other. And you laugh at any that tell you that you'll be blacklisted if you speak to another seller!
            agencies
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              agencies
              agency's
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

That is a bit too obvious, must have been drawn up by a noob agent.

Talking about dodgy agents, where has DA been?

Comment

That must be an April fool joke someone has sent to you yesterday, surely?
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

That's why when they ask about what other contracts I've applied for I always say I've only just started looking and they're the first.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X