PDA

View Full Version : Does life get any better than this ?

milanbenes
2nd April 2008, 06:54
just been out for a drive in the Passat.

Milan.

DiscoStu
2nd April 2008, 06:57
:suicide:

Pondlife
2nd April 2008, 07:15
Easy tiger!

Your day has peaked way too early. It's going to be all downhill until lunchtime now.

milanbenes
2nd April 2008, 07:18
Morning Pondlife,

how's it going ?

Milan.

Pondlife
2nd April 2008, 07:20
Morning Pondlife,

how's it going ?

Milan.

Just back from a weeks R & R in sunny egypt. Plenty of diving and nice cold sakara beer. Severe lack of motivation now I'm back plus a stinking cold to boot.

Life doesn't get any better indeed :eyes

And your good self?

milanbenes
2nd April 2008, 07:25
very nice, is it safe to travel to Egypt ?

me - well .Net continues to treat us well, everything else going according to plan, plan b is doing very, next release is being organised, no complaints and driving a Passat - does it get any better than this ?

Milan

Pondlife
2nd April 2008, 07:30
very nice, is it safe to travel to Egypt ?

We were in Sharm which is fine unless you get in one of the local blue and white taxis. Then you're taking your life in your hands for sure.

me - well .Net continues to treat us well, everything else going according to plan, plan b is doing very, next release is being organised, no complaints and driving a Passat - does it get any better than this ?

Milan

Keep me posted on the empire building.
Gotta love .net! toot toot

Oh, and euros too ;)

milanbenes
2nd April 2008, 07:32
oh yes, a double winner

The Euro/Pound appreciation is amazing

Milan.

rootsnall
2nd April 2008, 08:22
I'm 'tooting' a 7 minute drive from home :smokin It was a bit busy on the way home last night and took me 9 minutes.

But :( they are a small Co with a looming go live and a shed load of work to do. Not sure on my tactics yet :confused:

milanbenes
2nd April 2008, 08:27
you mean they have some real work, that you have to do, to make a go-live

jeez, you picked the wrong contract

Milan.

ThomasSoerensen
2nd April 2008, 08:32

Milan.

You mean support roles are the only perpetual money making machines. I tend to agree.
On Monday I was made unavailable to other needy projects until the end of the year. Gotta love .net toot-toot

rootsnall
2nd April 2008, 08:38

Milan.

Yes, the 7 minute commute lured me in, I gave up a potentially long post go live falling asleep contract doing 3 days a week to take it. Might have made a clanger but we'll wait and see.

milanbenes
2nd April 2008, 08:52
I have to come clean, on this contract I have to work pretty hard, but on the flipside, getting fingers into every piece of new fangled on the market and all the installations, upgrades, integration, problem solving and with a potential downturn ahead this experience won't hurt

Milan.

ThomasSoerensen
2nd April 2008, 08:53
I have to come clean, on this contract I have to work pretty hard, but on the flipside, getting fingers into every piece of new fangled on the market and all the installations, upgrades, integration, problem solving and with a potential downturn ahead this experience won't hurt

Milan.

I feel that we all forgive you for working hard as long as you get training on the job :wink

milanbenes
2nd April 2008, 09:03
yep Thomas,

it's the best way

Milan.

ThomasSoerensen
2nd April 2008, 09:05
yep Thomas,

it's the best way

Milan.

Then, when clientco begs you for an extention, you can increase your rate as now you have more skills than when they got you initially. Boomed!

roadster198
2nd April 2008, 09:12

Milan.

Your surely fishing..... Aren't you???? :D

oracleslave
2nd April 2008, 09:26
Your surely fishing..... Aren't you???? :D

:spel You're

milanbenes
2nd April 2008, 09:28
roadster,

yep, made me laugh anyway

Milan.

roadster198
2nd April 2008, 10:41
roadster,

yep, made me laugh anyway

Milan.

I spat the hook out after 2 seconds of thinking about it as I was about to go into a tiraid about how Phish a passat is and as a contractor your car should cost no less than £35K
:D

BrilloPad
2nd April 2008, 10:48

Milan.

:uofftopic Drivel alert! :uofftopic
This Generalist is drivelling.
:bluelight Move this thread the Light-Relief at once! :bluelight
:uofftopic Drivel alert! :uofftopic

:alien: