• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All New York Contractors Terminated at major division of an IB

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All New York Contractors Terminated at major division of an IB

About 200 apparently. Plus 45 staff made redundant.

Lehman Brothers? I have heard second-hand that 40ish London-based contractors at Lehman had their contracts terminated this week as the project was being canned.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

linky? or rumour?
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

no link. I have a friend at the French part. He has never been wrong before.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
          Lehman Brothers? I have heard second-hand that 40ish London-based contractors at Lehman had their contracts terminated this week as the project was being canned.
          I know that LB are still recruiting at the senior permie level. Not sure about foot soldiers.

Comment

New York contractors eh? Funny, I never really experienced any real contract market in the US, certainly not to the tune of 200. I reckon it's BS.

I'd believe it if they said permies, but you'd imagine that would make news of some kind. 200 IT staff is a big chunk of any major IB bank.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

LBros

http://www.mortgagesolutions-online....ml?page=758277

They have stopped selling their sub prime mortgages , no takers to sell them on to apparently. From what I have been told they are only servicing existing mortgages.

Recruitment incollections and legal department have risen but all projects canned.

Still the banks wernt the real loosers here , although they lost billions it was nothing compared to the pension funds and private investors that they sold these so called AAA investments onto.

Lehmans still have 220 Billion in the bank so dont think they will go bust just yet
              Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
                http://www.mortgagesolutions-online....ml?page=758277

Lehmans still have 220 Billion in the bank so dont think they will go bust just yet
                Which bank?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Which bank?
                  Theirs funnily enough
                  Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Which bank?

I think it is held in credit instruments...

Comment

Working...
                    X