• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

uk consolidation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uk consolidation

<phone rings>

(automated voice) "welcome, this is a national government phone call to let you know that with the new government intiative you are able to wipe your debts completely or, if you wish, pay just the amount you can afford.."

wow what an unbelievable offer, since registering with TPS I havent had such a good offer call me out of the blue.. i wanted to know more

after pressing 5 to go through to the helpful but annoyingly american accented call operator, i was advised that I can simply register with them and they will take care of all outstanding debts i have, FOR FREE, and i will no longer have to worry about debts..

the company that provides this amazing new service? Uk Consolidation..

shame i have no debts to consolidate

After asking the kind lady how they got my number as I was ex-directory and registered with TPS she simply hung up.. wait.. i want my debts consolidated !!
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

I have always wanted phones to come with a 'punch interlocutor on face' (PIF) button for that very reason.

I believe someone actually patented the idea in the 1920s but nothing came of it due to manufacturing difficulties.

Surely it would be possible with today's technology.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I got one of them and reported the compeny to offcom - I doubt they did anything but I was bored and in a bit of a mood.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        <phone rings>

(automated voice) "welcome, this is a national government phone call to let you know that with the new government intiative you are able to wipe your debts completely or, if you wish, pay just the amount you can afford.."

wow what an unbelievable offer, since registering with TPS I havent had such a good offer call me out of the blue.. i wanted to know more
        <snip>

After asking the kind lady how they got my number as I was ex-directory and registered with TPS she simply hung up.. wait.. i want my debts consolidated !!
        I had EXACTLY the same call yesterday and I'm also on the TPS register.

I was tempted to pursue the same question as you "how the f*** did you get my number/why are you calling" but I just hung up as I was busy on the playstation and about to get shot

I don't get many calls like that anymore. I get more grief from existing relationships "banks, credit cards and insurance are the WORST". Ah yes, we see your car insurance is due... yes it is, you said you wouldn't touch it last time as it's a group 20 vehicle, remember?

Right, do you have any pets? No... I had a cat once but I ate him because I didn't have any chicken in the house.
        Last edited by miffy; 2 April 2008, 17:15.
        Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

I got one too. They originate from the US. Caller ID showed 00 1 517 931 2162

FFS As I was typing this I got another call 0131 301 2940 "we're
          doing a survey ....."
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
          X